Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
20230620_182312.jpg
Final count of
1 Male(?) Sexlink
2 pseudo blue phoenix
4 regular looking phoenix

White hen (Technically her name is Petunia, but no one ever remembers it) hatched 2. A white and a normie. White didn't make it, so she only has 1 now.

Two Cornish eggs hatched in that pen. They don't have a good track record being raised by broodies, so we'll see. The two under Cheese are just fine though, so maybe?

One of my muscovies (the cigarette head one) lost an eye last night. My suspicion is that a broody got in a lucky shot. As long as it heals, they'll have a shot. It won't be the first time I had a 1 eyed duck. If it's a drake, I might keep him just because I know it's not a genetic issue and he won't have any male competition. If it's a hen, I might see if one of my friends wants her

Chocolate is recessive and sex-linked, so females need only one copy to be chocolate, but males need two.
Okay. So if I end up with a barred male and sexlinked female, I won't get any of those colors in my ducklings, but a Barred female and chocolate male will show chocolate females that should carry barred?

I just realized last night that I only have 1 barred, but 3 chocolate, so if I have the barred male amd chocolate male, I have to decide which I want more right now

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom