Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
But it's a good thing I'm getting some pure Ameraucana babies in a couple weeks!
wee.gif

My babies are all grown up (13 weeks), but here's the latest pics. I apologize in advance for the mud - we've been having quite a rainstorm for the past 2 weeks and today was the first clear day. Here's some of them.

Here's Moose, my welsummer cockeral. This picture does not do him justice. His coloring is beautiful.
SDC10048.jpg

And Feisty, my pullet. Cleopatra didn't want to be photographed today, but you can see her legs under the coop.
SDC10061.jpg

BR cockeral. (not named cuz he's not sticking around)
SDC10051.jpg

Tonight is integration night, so I'm hoping it goes well.
fl.gif
At least it's even numbers. I predict the BR cockeral is going to get an attitude adjustment tomorrow.
smack.gif
He's been trying to stir stuff up with my lead hen through the fencing. After they all get settled in the "big girl coop", then it's countdown time to dark eggs!

Quote:
Thanks. I can't take credit for him though. All my babies I hatched out from Bargain's stock. I just don't have enough hens to keep him too.

Integration got off to a bad start. I made the mistake of putting the welsummer cockeral in first, and he sounded his alarm, which woke everyone up.(and freaked them out) Then my red light was too bright on my headlamp, so my buttercup flew off the roost and tried to pick a fight. I got them all in, and they settled down though. It's still dark out this morning, so as soon as it gets light enough, I'll go up to the coop and supervise. I suspect my buttercup (lead hen) is going to need to be put in chicken jail. Through the fence at the BR cockeral yesterday, she was wing dancing at him.

Quote:
Sorry, but I had to laugh!
gig.gif
I need to go down this morning to see if my light Sussex got killed last night! It wasn't looking god for them when we left!

34566_strangeegg-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom