Last baby pictures (sniff sniff)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    But it's a good thing I'm getting some pure Ameraucana babies in a couple weeks! [​IMG]

My babies are all grown up (13 weeks), but here's the latest pics. I apologize in advance for the mud - we've been having quite a rainstorm for the past 2 weeks and today was the first clear day. Here's some of them.

Here's Moose, my welsummer cockeral. This picture does not do him justice. His coloring is beautiful.
    [​IMG]

And Feisty, my pullet. Cleopatra didn't want to be photographed today, but you can see her legs under the coop.
    [​IMG]

BR cockeral. (not named cuz he's not sticking around)
    [​IMG]

Tonight is integration night, so I'm hoping it goes well. [​IMG] At least it's even numbers. I predict the BR cockeral is going to get an attitude adjustment tomorrow. [​IMG] He's been trying to stir stuff up with my lead hen through the fencing. After they all get settled in the "big girl coop", then it's countdown time to dark eggs!

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Good Luck with your integration. Congrats on your newcomers. [​IMG]

3. Quailbuddy

Quailbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    your chooks are very nice looking. I hope the intergration goes good and enjoy getting your new babies [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Very nice [​IMG]

5. lcw

lcw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2010
    southern ohio
    howd the inergration go?
    this is jus my opinon but i love that BR cockerel.

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Thanks. I can't take credit for him though. All my babies I hatched out from Bargain's stock. I just don't have enough hens to keep him too.

Integration got off to a bad start. I made the mistake of putting the welsummer cockeral in first, and he sounded his alarm, which woke everyone up.(and freaked them out) Then my red light was too bright on my headlamp, so my buttercup flew off the roost and tried to pick a fight. I got them all in, and they settled down though. It's still dark out this morning, so as soon as it gets light enough, I'll go up to the coop and supervise. I suspect my buttercup (lead hen) is going to need to be put in chicken jail. Through the fence at the BR cockeral yesterday, she was wing dancing at him.

7. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Quote:Sorry, but I had to laugh! [​IMG] I need to go down this morning to see if my light Sussex got killed last night! It wasn't looking god for them when we left!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by