Late Fall Chicken Quilt Block Swap

Guess what showed up from accross the puddle today?

We've got the block from our two UK quilters!!! I havn't opened the package yet, but it is clearly labeled.....
wee.gif

Don't forget, blocks are "due" 3 weeks ago yesteray. So if you havn't started, better get cracking! LOL

Thank goodness, a very worrying time while they were in the post...would have hated it too be the two "foreigners" to let you down. Mary is in France for a few days but I bet she checks this site if she can too see if the blocks have turned up!

I hope you ladies (and gents, if there are some in the thread) don't mind me showing you this, but it seemed appropriate in the thread, a little "Cynspiration", if you will, LOL.

Two years ago, the BYC staff did a chicken block swap amongst themselves. This is the lap quilt I made with the blocks we did. I will always treasure it, with the signatures of my BYC staff friends (though, of course, I retired from the job recently, in case you weren't aware).
The first one is just the pieced top, then the rest are the end result:

Last edited:
Hi SpeckledHen! Lovely to see you.

Really like the quilt too!! Totally appropriate. I hope you come back to see any posted pics of quilt tops and quilts that will hopefully come of this.

Well mine are done, pressed...need to put on a sticky with name...and Marty I need you to PM me your address...and I need a bigger table now and am going to find a block for the winter swap :)

Granny,

The block are beautiful! Well done! Of course, I havn't seen I quilt block I didn't like yet, lol. (OK, maybe one or two of my own, but do they count?)

I will PM you the need info.

Good morning all, and hows the winds blowing back east?

Back
Top Bottom