Late night pip and zip watch

lilwildrabbit

Songster
Feb 9, 2017
Brinson Georgia
Wanted to know if anyone besides me is having long nights watching the chicks hatch so if anything go wrong you will be there for it?? Should have called it maternity ward Lol

Last edited:
When I hatch, I set an alarm for every hour so I wake up and check them. I need to know which egg they're from, and a lot look alike, so that's one reason. And I just like seeing them hatch.
tongue.png

Yea but as heavy as I sleep I would never here the alarm so I'm stuck doing things around at night and checking in every few minutes with anticipation just went through it the last two nights. I had a bantam abandon her nest she got too wet and cold where she was I recovered the ice cold eggs threw them in the incubator I locked down the day before and then about 2 am I got up and went to the bathroom and when I sat down on the edge of the bed I noticed a new set of little eyes looking at me. And the eggs wernt even in the house a whole day. I didn't think any at all would hatch but from 11 eggs I have 8 so it's a positive !! And I have 17 already in lockdown for this weekends hatch!!

Awesome!!! The alarm doesn't always work for me either, but I'm usually excited so I don't sleep well and I wake up anyway. :p

Same here now I have my GF watch for me I can nap a little bit getting ready for tonight last hatch I was put on notice they were coming on day 19 and not waiting till day 21. This batche21 is Saturday so tonight is day 19 I gotta stand watch I just can't help it I'm ADDICTED!!!!

Back
Top Bottom