Late Winter Quilt Block Swap -----> March 1 due date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty1876

Hi Everyone!
7 Years
Feb 5, 2012
Port Townsend, Washington
Its time to sign up for the next BYC quilt block swap! Woo Hoo!!

Since so many people have PM'd me, I'm going to try to allow a larger bunch to take part. If we allow 25 people MAX, then it should be enough for each of us to make a 60 x 60 (or larger) quilt.

This means, if you sign up, you will be making up to 25 blocks. We might only have 20 sign up, so it may be less than that. PLEASE REALLY CONSIDER BEFORE SIGNING UP.

Please make 12" x 12" blocks that allow for seam allowances. I love sampler quilts, and I love to see every-ones creative ideas. However, with this swap having more blocks to do, I would like to suggest we should stick to less complicated blocks, unless you have time and desire to do harder ones. I'm just saying simple is OK, and a well made block is always in style!

Colors? Springtime! Yellow, pinks, greens, purples.....the colors just getting ready to burst forth! Lets make these due MARCH 1 of 2013, shall we?

Blocks to consider: stars, butterflies, (chickens, it is BYC), bugs, leaves, flowers, birds, etc. (NO, these ARE NOT REQUIRED, please feel free to make what you LOVE and EXPRESS YOURSELF!)

This is our THIRD quilt block exchange! Woo Hoo!

Let the quilting begin!

(note: stay in touch! Please check in every month, just to say Hi, or update us on your plans, thoughts, etc)

Block makers
Marty1876

Last edited:
I belonged to another swap a while back that if 20 or more signed off, split in 2 groups of 10...just a thought, but the more the merrier!

Count me in....
thumbsup.gif
I can handle that many blocks as I'll have more time. The holidays will be over and hopefully my daughter and her family will be in their home. The house should close this week.

25 sounds like an awful lot of blocks, cant all 25 of us just make and then receive 12 blocks. We will all end up with different quilts and I think there is a lot more chance of finishing 12 and less people will fall by the way side! It then wouldnt matter how many signed up as long as it is 12 or more. Hope this makes some sort of sense!
smile.png

25 sounds like an awful lot of blocks, cant all 25 of us just make and then receive 12 blocks. We will all end up with different quilts and I think there is a lot more chance of finishing 12 and less people will fall by the way side! It then wouldnt matter how many signed up as long as it is 12 or more. Hope this makes some sort of sense!
smile.png
I think this could easily fill up and that is why I made the comment to split groups in half if we do and not so overwhelming or costly...I will await the final answer :)

All of our blocks don't have to be made with the same fabric do they? Just as long as the color theme is met. Any idea how many have signed up yet?

I could make another smaller swap too, but I really want to get enough to make a whole quilt. If you want to buddy up with someone, and then share the 25 blocks, thats up to you.
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom