Late Winter Quilt Block Swap -----> March 1 due date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think either is fine. For a normal swap later (the limited to 12 kind) we could specify something like only 100% cotten, and otherwise no limits. I'd hate on a big swap like this to limit it thus. I personally will NOT be offended if you choose not to use some. I have 100% cotten, but its just becasue I like all the fabrics from quilt stores, and they are cotten. However, i'll be digging into my small stash, and some fabrics I have were purchased en masse at yard sales. I have no clue what some are. Some are cleary not cotten, but some are maybe cotten, or linen, since I also buy old rough handkerchiefs, table clothes, sheets, and workshirts to cut up for quilts.

I've been doing the two other swaps and not noticed anyone use any other fabrics. I love crazy quilts and don't mind mixed fabrics. The soul of a quilt is in its associations with other people and places. I try to use only cotton in the same weight since I know there are some purists. When I get a block that doesn't work for me I use it in a pillow cover or small piece. Sometimes I gift or donate those.

Sign me up please.

What do you think for this swap? The flower petals are 3D. Or do you guys want something with out the flower?
I like it
smile.png
I am going to be designing a block that incorporates just a tad bit on minky as a middle of a flower or something like that I will be sketching it out in the next couple of days

I've been doing the two other swaps and not noticed anyone use any other fabrics. I love crazy quilts and don't mind mixed fabrics. The soul of a quilt is in its associations with other people and places. I try to use only cotton in the same weight since I know there are some purists. When I get a block that doesn't work for me I use it in a pillow cover or small piece. Sometimes I gift or donate those.

Sign me up please.
I just got my very own sewing room so I am going to keep certain blocks from swaps to make wall hangings and maybe even some curtains. I will decide which ones I like for those projects and the rest I will make into a quilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom