Lav call duck pair, choc call hen, and SQ black east indies pair

Gypsylion

Songster
12 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Massachusetts
I need to rehome my ducks, unfortunately. The Black East Indies pair ("Apollo" and "Calliope") were bred here in Mass. by Shawn Streeter and were hatched in early spring 2009. He is a major presence at shows around here, and this pair are some of the best that he didn't keep for himself that year!

The call ducks ("Earl Grey", "Cappuccino", and "Mocha") are this year's babies and were bred in the region as well. I don't have the name of their breeder but can track it down if you'd like it. I was told they were SQ when I bought them and recently have had input from other BYCers that the type on the lavenders is not good enough to show. The chocolate is a bit better, but I need to get some better pics of her. If I were keeping them I might see if I could get some additional in-person input to see what's what, so that may be an option for you. Even if you don't show them, they are beautiful!

SQ BEI pair - $50
Lavender call duck pair - $40
SQ? Chocolate call hen - $20 (would love for her to go with the lavender pair if possible)

They are tame enough to come and eat treats out of your hand, though they really don't like being caught! The call ducks LOVE playing in their water tub... I feel like they really deserve a pond or bigger pool then I can offer here in the city. The BEI pair are a bit calmer and are very sweet. All get along very well with my chickens and dog.
smile.png

No shipping - you're welcome to pick them up here or I could meet up somewhere within an hour or two of Boston, MA. I'm happy to come to any swaps in NH or MA in the next few weeks to get them to you as well. Please let me know if you have any questions!

More pics:
Earl, Cappuccino, and Mocha (pic taken in June)
29868_img_1984.jpg

Cappuccino and Earl
29868_img_2021.jpg

Close up of Earl (also from June)
29868_img_1990.jpg

And of Mocha
29868_img_1991.jpg

Apollo and Calliope (pic from 7 Feb 2010)
29868_img_1515_2.jpg

Calliope (pic taken in June of 2010)
29868_img_2013.jpg

The BEI pair again (pics from 23 Jan 2010)
29868_img_1487.jpg

29868_img_1488.jpg

Last edited:
Love those calls, the kids would go nuts over them. Unfortunatelty I don't have a pond for them.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Hiya!

They don't *need* a pond... they'd just love to have one.
big_smile.png

I currently use a large plastic tub... like an under-bed storage bin size. They're adorable in it - every time I rinse and refill it they get excited and suddenly scoot from one side to the other, then go flying across the yard and waddle back to do it all over again. It's the cutest thing ever!

Last edited:
Quote:
No, I'm sorry for the confusion - $50 for each pair, and $30 for the chocolate hen. I would be willing to take $70 for the trio of call ducks...

Thank you for your interest!

Also, let me know if there are any more detailed pictures that would be helpful in making your decision... I know it's better if you can see them in person but I'll do what I can! I can get under-wing pics of the BEI, for example. They're moulting right now, but both have a nice even green under their wings.

Quote:
I'm sorry I don't! I'm sure it's not a big deal but I can't subject them to that kind of stress, esp in this heat lately... thanks for your interest though - I hope you find some good ones near you!

Quote:
If you'd like to pick up the ducks at an upcoming swap I'll definitely make the trip! I've been looking at the schedule and trying to figure out which ones would be good to also bring my jewelry and art for sale - if I'm going to drive up from Boston it makes it a bit more affordable that way... Do you have any you recommend or that you're planning to attend?

Thanks,
~Khrysti~

Back
Top Bottom