Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
I'll post some pics tomorrow. They are sooo cute. Best looking birds in the world! One little girl is sluggish and tentative. They hold their wings down so low! The rooster keeps them together, he is so bold! They ate lots of bugs, but I have 9 RIR roosters I got for free that are a week younger and are absolutely VIGOROUS feeders and personality plus. They fear nothing, jump in with both feet, and are quite the personalities. They grow quickly and are so fun. I want to LOVE my lavenders, but they are still so tiny....and timid

Time will tell!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Steve N Tracee

I think i just fried all my eggs in the incubator!!! I went and checked the temp last night and it spiked to 107 !!!!! :(
I dont know why it went so high..its been holding 100 for days. Ugh maybe im not sopose to have lavs :(

I think i just fried all my eggs in the incubator!!! I went and checked the temp last night and it spiked to 107 !!!!!
sad.png

I dont know why it went so high..its been holding 100 for days. Ugh maybe im not sopose to have lavs
sad.png
That stinks. Don't think that way, you just have to try again.
hugs.gif

I think i just fried all my eggs in the incubator!!! I went and checked the temp last night and it spiked to 107 !!!!!
sad.png

I dont know why it went so high..its been holding 100 for days. Ugh maybe im not sopose to have lavs
sad.png

I don't think I'd scratch the attempt at hatching these eggs. Our mixed flocks eggs saw a temp spike a couple of days ago and so far they seem to be developing well. I think it would depend on duration of spike and how far along the embryos were.

I hope they will be ok ! Im going to try and hatch them! Just strange that the temp spiked like that.
I have 3 different thermometers in there lol they all read about the same.
I really hope they are ok
You guys always make me feel better !!

I hope they will be ok ! Im going to try and hatch them! Just strange that the temp spiked like that.
I have 3 different thermometers in there lol they all read about the same.
I really hope they are ok
You guys always make me feel better !!
Good!

Back
Top Bottom