Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
I'm new to chickens from the east bay, california!

How do lavender orps compare to buff orps temperment wise? Are they easily bullied by other breeds like the buffs? Do all orpingtons have the same temperment traits regardless of color?

I'm new to chickens from the east bay, california!

How do lavender orps compare to buff orps temperment wise? Are they easily bullied by other breeds like the buffs? Do all orpingtons have the same temperment traits regardless of color?
All Orpington's are the same temperament wise, but not all Orpington's are bullied by the others sometimes they are the bullies! I know my Blue Orpington and one of my Lavenders are bullies towards the others! It all just depends on the chicken.

Well I ended up with 4 lavenders and 2 blues. They are SO cute! Hatched on may 1st. So excited. The parents were wonderful looking too, I was quite impressed. I tried to upload pictures but the image button on my iPhone doesn't seem to actually upload anything...

Well I ended up with 4 lavenders and 2 blues. They are SO cute! Hatched on may 1st. So excited. The parents were wonderful looking too, I was quite impressed. I tried to upload pictures but the image button on my iPhone doesn't seem to actually upload anything...
Cool! Did you get them from the Bradley Farm? Some of my lavenders are from there!

I get my 4 LO chicks tomorrow!! I think i might buy acouple eggs too sense i got the new Bator!!
Congrats!
celebrate.gif

Im excited!! Now my lone SLW chick will have friends! Lol im also running out of chicken coops/runs! I moved the SSHs out of the grow out pen (was using it as a breeding pen) and gave them a nice 10x10 run! Which should be like paradise for them cause theres only 3 lol.
But once the LOs get big ill need another pen!

Back
Top Bottom