Lavender Orpington?

That's a head scratcher. Does the breeder have Cornish?

It seems like not a lot of feathers for 4 weeks. Maybe they're LOs with genetic issues that make their features and combs come in later? Are your others more feathered?

However, I think you're right you should see the single comb by now, even on a lady bird. Here's a single-combed pullet of another slow-growing breed (Langshan) at 3 weeks.

Baby singles are so cute! Pea combs rock, though. No frostbite. If you did somehow have freak pea-combed Orpingtons, you could see some people getting pretty excited about that.

LangshanPinkiecomb-3weeks2.jpg
LanshanPinkiecomb-3weeks.jpg

That's a head scratcher. Does the breeder have Cornish?

It seems like not a lot of feathers for 4 weeks. Maybe they're LOs with genetic issues that make their features and combs come in later? Are your others more feathered?

However, I think you're right you should see the single comb by now, even on a lady bird. Here's a single-combed pullet of another slow-growing breed (Langshan) at 3 weeks.

Baby singles are so cute! Pea combs rock, though. No frostbite. If you did somehow have freak pea-combed Orpingtons, you could see some people getting pretty excited about that.

View attachment 2467994View attachment 2467995
She doesn't have Cornish. She actually doesn't like the breed. I agree about the lack of feathers. They are growing and feathering out the slowest out of all of the chicks. We actually got an Ameraucana from the same breeder who has exploded with growth and is four times their size but is only a couple of days older. I'm positive on their age as we got them exactly four weeks ago and they were only a couple of days old at that time. I assumed they were just growing slower since they're a slightly larger breed. I would be very excited to see a pea comb Orpington as we live in Wisconsin and it gets very cold here. I'd love all our birds to have the smallest Combs possible as a safeguard against frostbite.

She doesn't have Cornish. She actually doesn't like the breed. I agree about the lack of feathers. They are growing and feathering out the slowest out of all of the chicks. We actually got an Ameraucana from the same breeder who has exploded with growth and is four times their size but is only a couple of days older. I'm positive on their age as we got them exactly four weeks ago and they were only a couple of days old at that time. I assumed they were just growing slower since they're a slightly larger breed. I would be very excited to see a pea comb Orpington as we live in Wisconsin and it gets very cold here. I'd love all our birds to have the smallest Combs possible as a safeguard against frostbite.
Post pics of the ameraucanas

Back
Top Bottom