Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you cross pure for pea comb to pure for rose comb you get all walnut combs.
If the Wyandotte only carried one rose gene that cross would be 50/50 between producing pea or walnut.
Only mentioned that since its not uncommon to get wyandottes that only carry one rose gene. Hence why single combs pop up in their lines.
I thought single combed Wyandottes popped up more in hatchery stock

Not sure how often they pop up in hatchery vs breeders but I know there's been breeders on this site that breed single combed ones in their lines.
Pure for rose comb is said to be linked to fertility issues so that's why they say they keep it 8n their line.
I had rose comb leghorns that the breeder I got them from was doing the same.
I'm not a fan of it. Even if your fertility is better you're putting a lot of chicks in the brooder that carry a DQ fault.
IDK
I’ve heard the same thing said about rose comb bantams and that breeders will keep a single combed sport to improve fertility.

Kat...the wild hogs are a pain in the you know what. I don't have to deal with them but my mom...they used to tear up her property. She was finally able to fence in all her land and it has helped to keep the hogs out. I hope your trip catches the bag guys soon! Good luck. My fav= :barnie

Feral hogs are pretty few up here. I've heard stories but have yet to see one myself.
Question... Are they not good eaten? IDK but sounds like free meat from here. Bacon is expensive and delicious. I'm thinking if they were more plentiful. Here is have to buy a couple freezers. Hell maybe a walk in.
Is winter over down there?
We've had some nice weather but tomorrow is forecasting high of 35° and 60% chance of a little snow.
Yes...people keep them for meat...just not my people.

Feral hogs are pretty few up here. I've heard stories but have yet to see one myself.
Question... Are they not good eaten? IDK but sounds like free meat from here. Bacon is expensive and delicious. I'm thinking if they were more plentiful. Here is have to buy a couple freezers. Hell maybe a walk in.
Is winter over down there?
We've had some nice weather but tomorrow is forecasting high of 35° and 60% chance of a little snow.
We don't have winter silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom