Layer supplement taste

Dhkoenig

Songster
Sep 21, 2020
Bergen County New Jersey
Hi All - I just bought Manna Pro Omega Egg Maker supplement and the directions are to add 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon per hen. Does anyone have any experience with whether or not it deters chickens from eating the feed? Wondering if they will avoid eating the feed if they don't like the taste?

Chickens have significantly less taste buds than mammals so for anything to impact their appetite it would have to be quite noxious. Start out at 1 teaspoon per hen and gradually increase.

I tried that once, a while back, and I seem to remember my chickens really liking it. I give a little crumble feed in the afternoon as a treat, and I just top dressed it with the Egg Maker.

Chickens have significantly less taste buds than mammals so for anything to impact their appetite it would have to be quite noxious. Start out at 1 teaspoon per hen and gradually increase.
That is so interesting because mine definitely have things they dont like. Broccoli, apples, Oat Meal (cooked or raw) and any cereal or granola. But I am not meaning to argue with your answer, I just find it so curious that mine are so picky. Maybe the texture? Well anyway thank you for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom