leaky egg?

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
One of my fizzle eggs is leaking a sticky substance, I candled it and cant tell for sure but there seems to be life in it (on its 15th day) or at least looks that way (I did not see movement just the shadow) the substance is brown and does not smell good
sad.png

Should I toss the egg, what could it be? I dont see any crack or anything like that and it does not smell rotten, just yucky.

Is it ok to leave it in the bator or could it effect the other eggs in there?

I was advised to toss an oozing egg right away! It was about 2 days ago that I took it out. It had little spots of what looked like pine sap all over the egg, but it did not smell bad. I candled it (Day 10) and it also had life inside, but I did not want to risk it.

leaky eggs = toss in trash !!! Get it out quick before it explodes !!!

Also if you feel the need to open the egg up to see whats inside, which is fine to do.... make sure you do it OUTSIDE !!!!

Yep... rules of thumb are 1) if it's weeping or 2) if it's smelly... toss it. If it's smelly, then it's very likely not going to hatch, but rather "pop"...
sickbyc.gif
And I wholeheartedly agree (as would my DH, since I've done it to him
hide.gif
)... if you have to open it, do it outside...
thumbsup.gif

lol so I was looking at other posts and then came back to this one and OMG. I ran upstairs and got the bomb egg out and into the trash. Now that crisis is adverted, THANKS SO MUCH, I am left wondering what exactly happens... do they just pop? whats inside when they do? why do they do this?

All I keep picturing is this little mini chicken dirty bomb
tongue.png

Quote:
Open it up and take a look, just make sure you do it outside !!

lau.gif
Now, that's just downright mean, tempting them like that...

Imagine an egg that has been sitting in a nest, unattended, baking in the hot sun for weeks... months...
sickbyc.gif
Don't do it. Just toss it.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom