Feedback Learning Center Cleanup?

I think in terms of SAP and Oracle. and Tribal knowledge... Terms from my past. Once data is oragnized in a specific form its very difficult to re organize without having to write a program to do it.... If that isnt set up in the beginning you have to manage your data in best case batches.

You have to weigh man hours vs benefit. I am speaking from a manufacturing point of view not a programmers.... and huge freaking data bases that Have to be stored on Unix based system...

BYC data is, I am sure, comparable to say data from a 777...

deb

Maybe for the "fact checking" portion, you could incorporate a poll type thing where you can select "no input" (for if you don't know about the topic), "good article", and "Needs some work" or something along those lines, then make it so you could sort by the results of the poll? So anyone that views the article can vote on it and people that know about the topic can provide input that it is good info or not, then people looking for good info can find the article with the highest percentage of people saying it's good info.

The fact
Maybe for the "fact checking" portion, you could incorporate a poll type thing where you can select "no input" (for if you don't know about the topic), "good article", and "Needs some work" or something along those lines, then make it so you could sort by the results of the poll? So anyone that views the article can vote on it and people that know about the topic can provide input that it is good info or not, then people looking for good info can find the article with the highest percentage of people saying it's good info.
I think it's a good idea, but fear that feelings could get hurt by giving and article too much negative feedback. :(

The fact

I think it's a good idea, but fear that feelings could get hurt by giving and article too much negative feedback. :(
Maybe add in a box where you could provide info why you gave the negative feedback, and possibly make it anonymous (to normal viewers, not admin) so people are honest and no one gets mad at one particular person. If I submitted an article that was absolute garbage and got negative feedback on it saying it wasn't good info and even tips as to why it wasn't good info, that would let me know that maybe I was misinformed and then could go research and fix the article as needed.
If admins could still see who left whatever feedback, it would be simple to address if people abused it by abusing feelings rather than constructive criticism.

Ok, regarding the quality of the articles in the Learning Center, I think we need to focus our efforts on:
  1. Making sure the articles in the LC are ones we feel confident should be in there (how we verify quality is going to be a challenge).
  2. Once we determine which ones don't meet our requirements, we move all others back into Member Pages.
  3. For the articles that are up-to-quality, we make sure the formatting (text, images, etc.) is all clean, that there's a good cover photo, and well-written snippet.
... so, how do we do all that?

(anxiously waiting some really amazingly fantastic ideas) :pop

Back
Top Bottom