Leatherwork

SethJ

Songster
11 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Louisiana
Do it when I can,.....but here's some of my work/play:)

MainGunbelt.jpg

jul5.jpg

knife.jpg

3.jpg

gunhol-1.jpg

CAS1.jpg

DUTYHOL2.jpg

Nice work! I can tell you have a lot of time and tools invested there. I still have my leather carving tools and stamps but haven't done it in years and years. Oh I make the occasional thing out of leather but only rarely is it tooling leather and I never carve any anymore. I do have a portrait of my stallion's head I carved and mounted as a wall hanging. If I get my camera working I'll post a pic of it.

Thats a lost art for sure! Beautifully done. Have you carved for a saddle maker?

Quote:
I worked with a friend here on the Tunica Biloxi Indian reservation for awhile,.......trying to learn abit.

I'm wanting to try and do a complete saddle,..but I dont have the materials accumulated yet.

Thanks for the nice words....

Quote:
nope,....I've done some moccasin boots in the past,...but they're far from waterproof.
They're very comfy,.......but do get wet easy.

I made tooled belts, buckles and wallets back in the 1970's. I was never as skilled as you. Still have my tools and patterns. Last year I pulled them out and made a saddle horn cover for a child's saddle for granddaughter. The saddle horn had been chewed by a dog and looked very rough with some of the leather missing. (The pattern was traced on a leather belt buckle blank way back then and I had never tooled it, so I just went with it! Not the prettiest, but it is serviceable and she's happy.)
522_100_1162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom