Leg Injury - Help needed

Stormys doing great, I probably wont get pics up til after Christmas now but I will get there!

Ok, problem 2, Que (yes her name is Q) she's a small pekin call cross. Her butt keeps falling out. Its been going on for a few weeks. Its usually just been a small pink lump over her vent and I would put my gloves on and push it back in. Today its longer and slimmer like a sausage, mixed colours, red, pink, grey and coated in poop. Its obviously not going back in. She's straining and preening at it. I cant afford a vet til next week. Other than mild discomfort, she seems fine

Stormys doing great, I probably wont get pics up til after Christmas now but I will get there!

Ok, problem 2, Que (yes her name is Q) she's a small pekin call cross. Her butt keeps falling out. Its been going on for a few weeks. Its usually just been a small pink lump over her vent and I would put my gloves on and push it back in. Today its longer and slimmer like a sausage, mixed colours, red, pink, grey and coated in poop. Its obviously not going back in. She's straining and preening at it. I cant afford a vet til next week. Other than mild discomfort, she seems fine
Some folks will use Preparation H (do you have that where you are? It's hemorrhoid medicine.) or manuka honey on the prolapse, which is what I am guessing it is.

hugs.

Hmmm, I can get manuka honey for sure (its native here lol) but will that actually help it heal? I'm thinking she's a goner and I've been upset about it cos she's a daughter of one who died in the attack

Hmmm, I can get manuka honey for sure (its native here lol) but will that actually help it heal? I'm thinking she's a goner and I've been upset about it cos she's a daughter of one who died in the attack
It has been said it can help so dif worth a try. and keep her away from the drakes while this is going on.Warm soaks then the honey or prep H but keep the prolapse clean and moist so it doesn't dry out. and keep her away from flies or your going to have maggots.

Hi guys, we ended up putting her down. She was too far gone. I'll get up some pics of the others in a few days. Thankyou
I'm very sorry, sometimes there isn't much that can be done and even if you try it doesn't help.
hugs.gif

Thanks. It wasn't easy, she was one of my first home grown ducks. Her best mate is doing ok too.

Hope we all had a merry Christmas mine was lovely
Having other ducks around really helps when they lose a mate.

Glad you had a lovely Christmas I did too.
smile.png

How is everyone else doing?and your new lil ducklings? pics when you get time..

Back
Top Bottom