Leghorn cockerel?

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
Hello my old hen sat on some eggs and they hatched out at the end of february. Im horrible at sexing leghorns, i was sure this was a roo but i don’t see any saddle feathers but hackle feathers show otherwise, and today they started crowing? Pretty sure its a cockerel, can anyone confirm if i was correct? Sorry bout the ugly pictures, this guy was fast and one of the chickens that don’t like me very much also time for maintenance.
862C5629-618B-4CDF-A608-8C34A2D95590.jpeg

EA63681E-CE12-429E-BD30-4E3F7887AEEC.jpeg
F3A9ABE1-E1CE-4C93-B2AF-5A58512B943D.jpeg
CECF84B6-3D40-42AF-906B-B5EB64A34E0A.jpeg

Hello my old hen sat on some eggs and they hatched out at the end of february. Im horrible at sexing leghorns, i was sure this was a roo but i don’t see any saddle feathers but hackle feathers show otherwise, and today they started crowing? Pretty sure its a cockerel, can anyone confirm if i was correct? Sorry bout the ugly pictures, this guy was fast and one of the chickens that don’t like me very much also time for maintenance.
View attachment 3176959
View attachment 3176956View attachment 3176960View attachment 3176963
Cockerel

With Leghorns, it is very easy to recognize the sex!
When they are chicks, the ones with a larger combs compared to the others are all roosters.:D

Comb and wattles is huge and he has hackle feathers. And he crowed;)
Comb and wattles really aren’t reliable for this breed since both genders have large ones. I had a hen with a bigger comb than him. It’s really not THAT big. I do think it’s a boy though especially if he crowed but my girl had a bigger comb.

I'm not sure when he will get sadlles my friend had 2 white leghorn roosters they hardly got saddles
With Leghorns, it is very easy to recognize the sex!
When they are chicks, the ones with a larger combs compared to the others are all roosters.:D
Comb and wattles really aren’t reliable for this breed since both genders have large ones. I had a hen with a bigger comb than him. It’s really not THAT big. I do think it’s a boy though especially if he crowed but my girl had a bigger comb.
ohh i see, also the hen that hatched him out actually crows! never had a hen crow before her, i was surprised!

Guess i gotta give him away though sadly as i don't think they will sit well with my roo

Back
Top Bottom