Legs seem paralyzed - two pullets now

Tumbleweedlynn

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Sep 5, 2022
Central New Mexico
Hi all -

I have now two pullets that are acting like their legs go numb after walking a bit, one pullet is dropping both wings before dropping to the ground.

They are bout 16 weeks, eat Nutrena All Flock feather fixer and scratch and fruits and veggies occasionally. The droopy wing girl has been at this about a week, the other one I just noticed today (we were out of town for two days). Poop seemed fine on droopy wings last I saw, they are eating fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I guess my thread got passed by - I attached videos and everything!

Could someone please take a look? For some reason it seems that this “wobbly leg” issue doesn’t get a lot of attention, that I am seeing.

Thanks!

How long have they been eating Feather Fixer?

How hot is it?

Photo of poop?
Thank you for replying!

They are on their second bag (between about 35-40 chickens) of the Feather Fixer. I chose this because it was the smallest pellet all flock.

It’s been in the high 80’s last couple weeks.

Will get a photo of their poops tomorrow. There are two that are in the videos, and now one of my most favorite Cemani pullets, that are all in the apartment together. The cemani wasn’t having the wobbly leg problem, but wasn’t getting up and is lethargic. Scary…

I gave them each a vitamin e capsule and some drops of b12 (I didn’t have the b complex). I also put Nutridrench in their water.

Feather Fixer is a layer feed.

B12 is good, but I'd get some B-Complex which contains all 8 b vitamins.

Any way you can get a fecal float to rule out Coccidiosis?
I couldn’t find b complex, will definitely have it tomorrow.

My vet doesn’t do any testing or treatment on chickens, so I’m kind of on my own there. I could add Corid just in case?

What is the wobbly leg thing? It seems common, but no common cause?

did you worm them? if not do it now.

I had similar situation. I gave them baytril 10% and baycox together (half dose of each from what it says as there are 2 medicines). good luck.

Back
Top Bottom