Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
Brown Red roo~ Jack
I like him too! Are you breeding your lemon blues and brown reds separate? I have lemon blue and brown red hens in with my brown red cock. I think my brown red has much better type then the lemon blue cocks I have.

I have 4 lemon blue cocks I really need to sell a couple, but it so hard to choose. The one with the worst type is a lap chicken and so lovable so guess he stays as a pet unless I found a nice home for him. Then I have 2 that get along well so can pen them together with hens so plan on keeping those 2. And the last one has fantastic type but since he wont get along with either the other 2 probably sell him.

Hi sierra view, despite the distances involved, and no thanks to the USPS, I have some nice chicks out - 4 brown reds and 3 lemon blues. I also have a brown red frizzle pullet from some eggs I got from chookschick. Finally my LB project is well on its way!

Any ideas on how to remove the mahogany enhancers that seemed to show up in a lot of these pictures?

I remember reading somewhere last year that someone was working on developing a brown red large fowl so that true large fowl lemon blues could be developed - anyone heard anything more about that?

Hi sierra view, despite the distances involved, and no thanks to the USPS, I have some nice chicks out - 4 brown reds and 3 lemon blues. I also have a brown red frizzle pullet from some eggs I got from chookschick. Finally my LB project is well on its way!
Any ideas on how to remove the mahogany enhancers that seemed to show up in a lot of these pictures?
I remember reading somewhere last year that someone was working on developing a brown red large fowl so that true large fowl lemon blues could be developed - anyone heard anything more about that?
That's good!
highfive.gif

Not sure how to remove mahogany that's showing in pictures. Might have to do with lighting when taking pictures. I use my cell phone to take all my pictures because I always have it on me.

I don't know about the LF, Lynne might since she has the nicest lemon blue I've seen.

This is a pic of Shelby taken in the barn with indirect light on my cell phone camera.

Sierra, I hope to get birds that are as nice as yours - that is the color that seems to be correct. Some of the other pictures of LB's seem to show birds with a very reddish neck and hackle, more the color you would expect in a brown red instead of a lemon blue.

I'm in NW Indiana...Where can I find Bantam Cochins??? I don't have an incubator so I can't hatch eggs...I want some Cochins bad! Love all the colors they come in....Also I don't want to get some from a hatchery as I've learned on here they usually aren't as good as ones from a breeder. Who knows, I might like to try showing at some time..
I have 4 Australorps and 4 Silver Wyandotts now for my egg layers, now I want some "fancy" birds to look at and spoil..
What is it about BYC that I spend soooo much time on here?..LOL

You might try posting on the Indiana state thread, look in the Social section under Where am I - Where are You

I'm in NW Indiana...Where can I find Bantam Cochins??? I don't have an incubator so I can't hatch eggs...I want some Cochins bad! Love all the colors they come in....Also I don't want to get some from a hatchery as I've learned on here they usually aren't as good as ones from a breeder. Who knows, I might like to try showing at some time..
I have 4 Australorps and 4 Silver Wyandotts now for my egg layers, now I want some "fancy" birds to look at and spoil..
What is it about BYC that I spend soooo much time on here?..LOL

Back
Top Bottom