Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
I'm in NW Indiana...Where can I find Bantam Cochins??? I don't have an incubator so I can't hatch eggs...I want some Cochins bad! Love all the colors they come in....Also I don't want to get some from a hatchery as I've learned on here they usually aren't as good as ones from a breeder.  Who knows, I might like to try showing at some time..
I have 4 Australorps and 4 Silver Wyandotts now for my egg layers, now I want some "fancy" birds to look at and spoil..
 What is it about BYC that I spend soooo much time on here?..LOL

I live in southern Indiana and I have LOTS of Cochins right now. I have Buff Columbians, Mottled, Blues, Blacks, Birchens, Calicos and splash.
My website: www.wildwoodaviary.com
Lots of pictures and more to come on my sale page :)

I live in southern Indiana and I have LOTS of Cochins right now. I have Buff Columbians, Mottled, Blues, Blacks, Birchens, Calicos and splash.
My website: www.wildwoodaviary.com
Lots of pictures and more to come on my sale page
smile.png

Ohhhh, your birds are gorgeous! I want them all...
love.gif
...I will be looking on your sale page every day..Do you sell them singly or as pairs or trios? I'm not suppose to have roosters here but my daughter is out in the country and I could keep one there.just because I would want chicks at some time..
wink.png
....I see you are doing breedings for the lemon blues...what colors are you working with for that particular color?

I like him too! Are you breeding your lemon blues and brown reds separate? I have lemon blue and brown red hens in with my brown red cock. I think my brown red has much better type then the lemon blue cocks I have.

I have 4 lemon blue cocks I really need to sell a couple, but it so hard to choose. The one with the worst type is a lap chicken and so lovable so guess he stays as a pet unless I found a nice home for him. Then I have 2 that get along well so can pen them together with hens so plan on keeping those 2. And the last one has fantastic type but since he wont get along with either the other 2 probably sell him.

I thought I had responded to your post here but looking through today, I don't see it!?
So...I'll try again!
Yes, I am breeding the brown reds and lemon blues separate for now until I establish a good foundation for each color. Then I will be cross breeding the offspring and parent birds. Not sure how long this will take, the one brown red hen I have has quit laying and I lost all my lemon blue eggs when my incubator spiked up to 108 degrees while I was at work. I have a few eggs to start over with hopefully under a broody hen but that's not happening either :/
I am working on a new incubator this weekend,hopefully I can get it up and running in a day or so. I'm going crazy waiting to see my first babies!

Would love to see pictures of the roo you are thinking of selling, I may be interested ! Would also love to buy eggs from you if I can ever get this incubator situation worked out.

I thought I had responded to your post here but looking through today, I don't see it!?
So...I'll try again!
Yes, I am breeding the brown reds and lemon blues separate for now until I establish a good foundation for each color. Then I will be cross breeding the offspring and parent birds. Not sure how long this will take, the one brown red hen I have has quit laying and I lost all my lemon blue eggs when my incubator spiked up to 108 degrees while I was at work. I have a few eggs to start over with hopefully under a broody hen but that's not happening either :/
I am working on a new incubator this weekend,hopefully I can get it up and running in a day or so. I'm going crazy waiting to see my first babies!
Would love to see pictures of the roo you are thinking of selling, I may be interested ! Would also love to buy eggs from you if I can ever get this incubator situation worked out.

Well, after saying I had lost my lemon blue eggs last week, I had one hatch today! This has got to be one tough little chick. After the incubator spiked on me, I left the lid off and forgot to put it back on until 4 hours later. Finally I took all the eggs and put them under my one broody hen. She hatched out a beautiful chick this morning!

That's great you got a chick!

I have a lot of family issues going on right now with my inlaws needing full time care so stopped adding eggs to my incubators. My brown red pen all the broodies have started to lay again, I have a lemon blue hen in there also. I didn't get time to gather eggs for 2 days and there was a nest full today so think they are all laying again. I also found my EE hen broody, she's a great momma so going to give her these eggs. Next week I might have eggs for sale from this pen. My lemon blue pen all the hens are broody.

I will try get some pics of that rooster soon, I also have bunch of chicks hatched and will have roosters in the fall.

I was thinking the same thing. Either way, she stays. So what should I breed to her now. I only got hens from you besides the aztec gold cockerel and MF.
Mike,

Let me see how some of my cockerels develop over the summer. If there is one I "think" would be a good match, I'll send him to you this Fall just for the cost of shipping. LMK what you think :)

Back
Top Bottom