Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
I candled my eggs on Sunday (day 7) and culled one that was perfectly clear. I did the in the bag eggtopsy- on it and sure enough, it was most likely scrambled in shipping. Others, I couldn't tell so easily. Shells are good and thick. Out of curiosity I tried again today. I could see movement in some! There are a couple of still questionable eggs, but I'm getting more and more egg-cited! Nine days down, twelve to go. Its gonna be a long 12 days I think.

Lynn, there are 6 for-sure happy healthy babies in there. Two even 'waved' at me. There are still two I think I should cull but I'm not giving up just yet, and five I'm not sure but I do see a ring under the air sack and a darker area below, although somewhat smallish. I can see all the air pockets just fine now, and they are holding still. the one floater didn't develop at all and was culled, still floating. Interestingly, one of the moving embryos actually has a saddle shaped air pocket. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hatch date is St. Patrick"s day. I'm thinking there is at least a Patrick and a Patricia in there. And the little guy with the saddle shaped air sac I think will be Deuce. Talk about counting my chickens before they hatch... heck, I'm naming mine! He he.

Lynn, there are 6 for-sure happy healthy babies in there. Two even 'waved' at me. There are still two I think I should cull but I'm not giving up just yet, and five I'm not sure but I do see a ring under the air sack and a darker area below, although somewhat smallish. I can see all the air pockets just fine now, and they are holding still. the one floater didn't develop at all and was culled, still floating. Interestingly, one of the moving embryos actually has a saddle shaped air pocket. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hatch date is St. Patrick"s day. I'm thinking there is at least a Patrick and a Patricia in there. And the little guy with the saddle shaped air sac I think will be Deuce. Talk about counting my chickens before they hatch... heck, I'm naming mine! He he.
Hey, if you aren't excited you would't be hatching~! I wouldn't worry about the saddle back sack....some of mine hatch with that & are just fine. Keep me posted.
bow.gif

All the air cells are good and holding still now. There is one saddle shaped cell, that embryo was moving when I candled it. There are 6 super good for sure with lots of obvious development. There are two I think are going to still be culls, they seem pretty clear. And five I'm not so sure. Their development is much smaller so far than the others. So we shall see!

Oops, I double-answered. You got the short version the second time. I would delete that second one if I could figure out how to do it from my phone. Sorry!

Would like some advice~ As I start into my 2nd season of Lemon Blues, I have several nice juveniles that I am going to be pairing together. Two cockerels in particular I would like advice on what hen to breed to. I have F1 Lemon Blue Splash, Lemon Blues and Blue. What would be best paired up with these 2? F1 Lemon Blue Hen X Splash #2 Brown Red Roo X Lemon Blue Hen #3 Brown Red Roo X Lemon Blue Hen
Looks like the little roo laid the egg haha

Back
Top Bottom