Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
What are you all aiming for? County Boy, the first pullet on the fourth row, of your lemon blue folder, would be close if she were blue. :)

We are actually all trying for the standard Lemon Blue. W still have a ways to go but we are making progress. My one hen, Lynne is Brown Red, my main rooster, Bruce is also Brown Red but his chest pattern isn't exactly there yet. Georgia, would be nice is she had the lemon on her as she has really nice lacing. My hope is for Louie ( Rooster for 2014 breeding) to help get the color while Georgia helps with the lacing. Lynne is going to help a lot as well and Abbie has a start to the right color. I think next year for me is really going to be good. ;)

We are actually all trying for the standard Lemon Blue. W still have a ways to go but we are making progress. My one hen, Lynne is Brown Red, my main rooster, Bruce is also Brown Red but his chest pattern isn't exactly there yet. Georgia, would be nice is she had the lemon on her as she has really nice lacing. My hope is for Louie ( Rooster for 2014 breeding) to help get the color while Georgia helps with the lacing. Lynne is going to help a lot as well and Abbie has a start to the right color. I think next year for me is really going to be good.
wink.png

I saw you had a pair that look to be pretty much brown red, especially the pullet & looking good.
smile.png
. I expect they do well for you next year.
A lot of the birds have columbian type restrictors (much of the breast, shoulders etc buff or silver) ; some others appear to be on wheaten (light chick down) ; these birds will hold you back. You want to be aiming for the chicks to be dark at hatch.
Good luck.

Oh my goodness those boys are beautiful! I need an incubator running so that I can get some hatching eggs from you someday :)

I went to visit a friend of mine yesterday, who has a TON of birds, and spotted this guy in one of her MF/calico growout pens. I had to have him! He does have some white flecks, but not as "radically" as I would perhaps prefer. But, what struck me most, is his overall coloring. Is this guy a lemon blue?

Back
Top Bottom