Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
We keep posting photos and links. We keep asking what is the goal for the colour you are working on.

From feathersite:
ModernBtyCryar.JPEG

LemBlStdOEGP.JPEG

http://www.bantychicken.com/cgi-bin...ction=openalbum&album=12&albumname=Lemon+Blue

Quote:
Incorrect. Blue red is entirely the wrong pattern; it is not E^R (birchen). Also, splash X blue will give 50% splash, 50% blue.

Lemon blue is E^R/E^R s+/s+ (or s+/-) Bl/bl+ mh+/mh+

Blue red is e+/e+ s+/s+ Bl/bl+ Mh/Mh

Quote:
Lanissa,

I'm so sorry it has been forever that I have posted here. We had such a busy summer & now things are calming down.

I have two so called "Lemon Blue" cockerels that I will be taking pics of today. They will be for sale in the event someone is interested & yes, I ship.

One of the boys is going to look just like his dad, Lemon Boy. The other is darker but spectacular. I'll get those pics posted as soon as I can today.

Lanissa, I'm going to go back & look at the pics of your birds. Perhaps I will have an opinion on who should go with whom!!!

As promised, here are pics of two of the guys I have for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

18946_for_sale_lb_cockerels_003.jpg

This boy is almost 8 months old. He is going to be a beauty. The gold is coming into the feathers on his head. He is a dark blue fading to medium blue. Very personable & just started crowing.

18946_for_sale_lb_cockerels_004.jpg

The little guy is 5 months old & is going to be gorgeous like his dad, Lemon Boy. It will take him another 3 months for his coloring to stablize. Look at the beautiful mottling on his chest. He is a medium blue fading to silver. His legs & feet have awesome feathering.

Both very pretty--scratch that--handsome boys
smile.png
The top one is looking very close to real lemon blue.

Bottom one appears to be entirely different. Pretty, but not the same gene set.

Quote:
I understand that they are not the "normal" Lemon Blue. However, some of the people on this thread were interested in seeing some of the cockerels from my roo, Lemon Boy.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o153/wwmicasa1/St Cochins/LemonBlueCochins001.jpg

He is beautiful.
love.gif

Thank you so much for the compliment. He is not only beautiful but very sweet.

Here are three of his girls....

LemonBlueCochins004.jpg

Elizabeth

Victoria001.jpg

Victoria

18946_for_sale_lb_cockerels_010.jpg

Cathrine

Oh WOW lynn! Victoria is stunning!!!!
bow.gif

Out of your two boys, I like the younger one best! Handsome young man that is. I am sure he will be beautiful like his daddy.
love.gif

People who pop in here must be confused at understanding that WE understand we DO NOT have TRUE lemon blues....
smack.gif

I really only started this because Lynn had such a Beautiful Rooster and the color variations that the different people that hatch from Lynn were getting is amazing!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

If anyone else would like to share there unique colored chickens, please tell us about it and Share photos!!
thumbsup.gif

Maybe we should consider a new name for these Beautiful Breath-taking chickens....
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom