Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
Chickie'sMoma :

heh, Roostercruiser, i have your eggs bookmarked on ebay. he's a beautifully colored roo! did the wind catch his tail or is it naturally like that?

Wind was blowing that day. He doesn't have a funky tail.​

Then how is a lemon blue basicly a brown red with the black replaced by blue? I have brown red cochins.

Blue wheaten
37813_oegblwheatbtym.jpg

Last edited:
My Lemon Blue are also bred by Brown Red cochins. The one difference are the hens, they are not wheaton. I am sure a blue wheaton hen looks different that a lemon blue hen.

So many pretty birds!
smile.png

So brown red or gold birchen with blue will make REAL lemon blues? Or just the gold birchen? (or are they secretly the same thing and I'm just stupid?
hide.gif
)
I can't find anyone with LF cochins in either of those
sad.png

Quote:
I haven't heard anyone call them gold birchen, but they maybe one in the same. I can't find LF brown reds either.

Last edited:
I purchased this bird from a reputable person during a recent show. It was said to be Lemon Blue....(maybe a lemon blue splash)...you tell me.

Time for the experts:

Warrenton102-1.jpg
Warrenton099-1.jpg

The lacing is a lemon color over a splash bird

Secondly, what would you suggest I breed him with? Or did I make a big mistake?
hu.gif

I am not sure. He doesn't look like my Lemon Blue Splash, but he maybe the result of mating 2 LB Splashes together...might explain the washed out/lighter colors. Second guess would be maybe a Blue/Splash mixed with Buff. I would breed him to a Brown Red ..then you will know for sure if he is Lemon Blue Splash if you get all Lemon Blue birds.

Here is my Lemon Blue Splash roo
7576_lbs.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom