Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
Quote:
I believe that it should be the same for all breed/varieties also but it doesn't look like its happening..
The link you posted along with http://www.bantychicken.com/cgi-bin...ction=openalbum&album=12&albumname=Lemon+Blue is what I would call a Lemon Blue.

Maybe its just me...

Chris

Chris, very interesting site, I can see myself spending a good deal of time on there reading the topics. They have several that appear to be fairly sophisticated. Thanks for the link. I know what you mean and I feel some frustration at times, but there are a bunch of folks who really know a lot and are more than willing to share what they know. I started a thread some time back for d'Uccle breeders. d'Uccle are a breed that have suffered from over breeding without any focus on the breed standard. I was very pleased to see many novice folks that were VERY open to learning and the experienced genetics gurus came on and shared willingly. It's gone dormant right now, but it wouldn't take much to revive it or possibly to digress a bit, maybe just make a thread about breeding for color specifically using genetics. Then we could talk about lemon-blue, milli fleur, and any other color that comes up.

Just wondering if anyone has started the breeding/ genetics thread? I know several people that wish they had a mentor in breeding, especially some of the project colors. THANKS!!

Here is a picture of another Lemon Blue roo that I have in my breeding pen. This guy does not have as much red as the other roo I post awhile back, but has more of a lemon color.

7576_dscn0020a.jpg

This cockerel need a bit more color in the hackles, I got my
fl.gif
they will come in.

7576_ds41.jpg

7576_ds37.jpg

I was a bit cool and windy so he didn't want to pose .. so he is crouched up.
7576_ds40.jpg

I like this pullet, her color is more lemon yellow than some of me other girls(which have some orange tint to them) but I wish her blue coloring was a bit lighter.

7576_dn10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom