Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
Mike, they have matured so nicely. Can't wait to see Bruce in the Spring when he is totally filled out :)
X2!!! And george has filled out a lot I've noticed lately. She has thin white streaks down the center of her hackle feather and Abbie's black in her kneck is slowing fading out int yellow with black lacing.

I finally got around to taking a few pictures of the LB and BR birds I kept this year.  A full brother of the BR cockerel took Grand Champion Bantam at the Chippewa Co Fair last week - very exciting!  The two were almost identical except for color, and this boy had a brighter red color that I liked a lot.   They are all still pretty young, and their feathers are still developing.

Here are almost the whole group, the 2 cockerels are right center - I did not keep the BR pullet behind the rooster, her tail was a little upright and her black coloring dull instead of shiny black. the only one missing is the frizzle BR pullet, she is really a nice little bird, but did not want to come out with the others.

This is the BR roo, I don't know what he did to that tail feather but it was not like that a week ago! Next to him is one of the two LB pullets.

BR pullet that I kept

Both roosters and the two LB pullets - the LB cockerel has great shape, and is quite a bit smaller than the BR guy.  They all get along great, the boys actually hang out together a lot of the time. They were all a little on alert here watching my dog run by.

What a nice bunch of BRs and LBs - I'm jealous!

Now that I'm getting the genes worked out on the blue line I'm using, hopefully LBs will be in my future too.

BTW the BRs I got from Jamie are settling in fine although I'm still heartsick over losing the male. The girls are looking great and eventual should produce some fine LBs and BRs. Too bad Jamie sold off his entire line of BRs as they are excellent type. Fortunately I've the pullets to work with in my projects.

Dave

Lynne,

This thread was meant to be about your style of lemon blue cochins. So, when will we get to see updated pics of your birds just hatched and some of the others like your stunning Nugget?

MIKE
big_smile.png

here is my girl shes broody right no the due on the 24th monday and her boy friend is their too. the ladie i got her from said she lemon blue i know her mom and dad is but she dont look it. can anyone tell me why.

this is her.

this her boyfriend the only rooster shes with.. shes broody right now

Back
Top Bottom