Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
Quote:
I'm certainly NOT an expert on LF Brown/Red but they are hard to find. I bought haching eggs about 5 years ago & was lucky to hatch ONE hen. Patrica is my girl, along with a Splash roo that started my LB project. Out of all the LB chicks I hatched this Spring, I am keeping 2 pullets & 2 cockerels. I haven't decided which cockerel to retain because they are still in their growth stage. You can see by the pics that Mike has posted how dramatically they change as they get older. I don't want to make the mistake of choosing too early so I will hold on to both boys until I see some real improvement from both. I'll try & get a couple pics this weekend of the two I am considering retaining.

I'm certainly NOT an expert on LF Brown/Red but they are hard to find. I bought haching eggs about 5 years ago & was lucky to hatch ONE hen. Patrica is my girl, along with a Splash roo that started my LB project. Out of all the LB chicks I hatched this Spring, I am keeping 2 pullets & 2 cockerels. I haven't decided which cockerel to retain because they are still in their growth stage. You can see by the pics that Mike has posted how dramatically they change as they get older. I don't want to make the mistake of choosing too early so I will hold on to both boys until I see some real improvement from both. I'll try & get a couple pics this weekend of the two I am considering retaining.
Is 1 of those pullets the 1 you are keeping for Nugget or actual lemon blue pullets? Also, would love to see pics of them!!

Last edited:
I have a 15 week old blue boy that is starting to get yellowish streaks on his neck. At what age are they the color they're going to stay? I'm just wondering if he'll get more yellow. Very new to Cochins, but I know they mature slow, just not sure how color comes in.
~Ashley

Back
Top Bottom