Lemon Blue Cochins~~***BRAND NEW PICTURES***~~~

Pics
35f55525f048a6b694bd5f769f5f2705.jpg

While not the best type, this male shows the breast lacing quite well. He is split for gold/silver and may get used as all of the blues I test mated so far seem to be pure silver.
Dave

This is the exact color Smoke is getting on his head and neck (hackles?).
I'm pretty sure if I do hatch any eggs it'll just be for my back yard.
Thank you for the picture example.
~Ashley

I was out with the camera yesterday and thought I would post a few pics of my lovely little birds

BR main man as a gawky teen

And now

Maybe this is why people think cochins look like basketballs?

And my almost identical twin sister LB's

Ah, Dave, thanks for enlightening me. I passed up my chance to buy a truly HUGE rooster this summer, splashed with buff and blue. I thought he must be a lb splash, since he looked much like Lynn's lemon boy. But he was practically the size of a cocker spaniel. I am just learning. I still kick myself every day for not buying that rooster (someone else was there and did buy him, so I couldn't go back and get him later). I did bring home two beautiful ladies from that flock, a blue and a buff. If, by chance, they are his offspring or siblings, maybe some day I will have a duplicate of him. I was just hoping I could find a breeder nearby with similar birds to that rooster I passed up, and I could have one of my own. He was simply stunning.

Ah, Dave, thanks for enlightening me. I passed up my chance to buy a truly HUGE rooster this summer, splashed with buff and blue. I thought he must be a lb splash, since he looked much like Lynn's lemon boy. But he was practically the size of a cocker spaniel. I am just learning. I still kick myself every day for not buying that rooster (someone else was there and did buy him, so I couldn't go back and get him later). I did bring home two beautiful ladies from that flock, a blue and a buff. If, by chance, they are his offspring or siblings, maybe some day I will have a duplicate of him. I was just hoping I could find a breeder nearby with similar birds to that rooster I passed up, and I could have one of my own. He was simply stunning.
Could he have been hatched from my flock? If so, I do have several LB Splash boys available (not as big as a cocker spaniel) or I will have hatching eggs available again in the Spring. I just today shipped my Sterling (Lemon Boy's son) to Iowa.

Lemon Boy

Sterling

Could he have been hatched from my flock? If so, I do have several LB Splash boys available (not as big as a cocker spaniel) or I will have hatching eggs available again in the Spring. I just today shipped my Sterling (Lemon Boy's son) to Iowa.

Lemon Boy

Sterling
I never new you were selling him. He was really pretty. I thought you were selling one of the two "Smokey" looking cockerels? Who do you have now from the LB project for roos?

Last edited:
I never new you were selling him. He was really pretty. I thought you were selling one of the two "Smokey" looking cockerels? Who do you have now from that project?
Mike,

Good to hear from you. How's the weather??? I'm so glad we shipped when we did :)

The gentleman who bought Sterling lost the roo I sold him last year (Smokey's brother). He was very upset & (at the time) I didn't know which one of the Smokey looking cockerels I was going to keep...still don't. Anyway I asked him if he would be interested in Sterling. He said yes & has been waiting 3 months for him to ship because of the hot weather. He also bought 2 trios of Buff Barred. He & his son are so excited. I do hope they are pleased with the birds. They have some LB pullets from Smokey so he should be on his way to some nice looking LB.

Mike,

Good to hear from you. How's the weather??? I'm so glad we shipped when we did :)

The gentleman who bought Sterling lost the roo I sold him last year (Smokey's brother). He was very upset & (at the time) I didn't know which one of the Smokey looking cockerels I was going to keep...still don't. Anyway I asked him if he would be interested in Sterling. He said yes & has been waiting 3 months for him to ship because of the hot weather. He also bought 2 trios of Buff Barred. He & his son are so excited. I do hope they are pleased with the birds. They have some LB pullets from Smokey so he should be on his way to some nice looking LB.
Weather is horrible, Ralf and Bruce hate being cooped but branches are falling from trees left and right and as they are my favorite flock, I can't risk losing them. The 2 of them have become best friends

I bet the family in Iowa is excited for them. When you know they have been shipped it's like christmas. I know they will love them.

Last edited:
Weather is horrible, Ralf and Bruce hate being cooped but branches are falling from trees left and right and as they are my favorite flock, I can't risk losing them. The 2 of them have become best friends. I added to my earlier post as well.

I bet there excited for them. When you know they have been shipped it's like christmas. I know they will love them.
Mike,

I went back & checked the pics of the two boys. How great they look together. So different but they compliment each other. So happy to hear that they get along. Take care of yourself & all the birds. It was 84 degrees here today. Can't believe it is Oct. ~!

Back
Top Bottom