Lemon scented wood shavings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by priss, Jan 8, 2011.

1. priss

priss Songster

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Oooooh pot pourri!!! Good idea!!
    Precious is the right word ranchhand, they are the most valued little things in my whole world! I am stickin those wood shavings in a million little bowls in every gorram room in the house!!! It is stayin outa my duck's hut!!!
    PS
    You guys are the best!

PPS
    My husband's car could do with a little freshening too....maybe a baggee of it in there as well lol!!

2. AdamD77

AdamD77 Songster

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    The one we got was a horse bedding thing but usable with other animals. The three good things about it were:

1. Lemon Scent
    2. Compacted straw so good amount of use from it
    3. Dust extracted

There was a wood shavings of the same make, but not sure if that was also lemon-scented...

This is the straw we used for around a year until the shop we got it from changed suppliers. It even says its also 'great for poultry and game birds': http://www.bed-down.co.uk/traditional-horse-bedding.html

I said, it was fine to use with our ducks, and the farm we got them from used the same one for the animals before they were sold. I would've thought it'd be fine for yours, but if you're really worried then don't use it [​IMG]

3. priss

priss Songster

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    Thanks Adam! I think if the ducks slept in a bigger area like a big barn or something then I would probably risk it under the straw but with them in a more closed in hut, I am just a bit too nervous. I have never heard of lemon straw before. For horses that would probably be quite nice!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: