Lenny the bobcat

Lenny has two room mates in the "bachelor pad". Here is Hoover. he is our oldest bobcat, and just stunning to photograph...when he cooperates!

hovercheeks.jpg

Did you know bobcats can choose wether they want to wear their cheeks puffed or slicked? cool, huh?

Now this is my kind of kitty. I would get myself into trouble, because I would want to play too rough.
hide.gif
I bet the kitty would eat the nasty little dogs too........

I need to re-think this.
lau.gif

haha they are my kind of kittes too! they are SO unbelieveably smart....*sigh* WHY must I be in love with an apex predator, AND chickens?

Last edited:
So if I was to get a big cat what would be the best thing to feed them? I was hoping rabbit because I plan to breed some of the harder to breed for show breeds and it would be an easy way to get rid of the culls.

Well, I would strongly suggest you first talk to your local game warden and sheriff's department...as well as your local city laws, AND then your neighborhood laws...you will be answering to ALL of them. If there is no problems there, then you need to decide what kind of big cat you want...as a general rule of thumb, I personally do not like to keep anything that could readily end my life or eat me.

The species you choose will heavily influence the kind of foods you will feed. Another thing to consider (and something we take into consideration when feeding our cats), is the issue of feeding live...it is an ethical issue for a lot of people...but beyond that, feeding live brings them closer to their wild instincts (which never go away), and therefore, can make them more dangerous and definately less predictable.

Basically, until you have a species in mind, and have done a LOT more research on housing, laws, confinement, personality, and wether you can provide a good quality of life for a big cat, I really cannot be much assistance to you in speaking on issues of diet. That is one of the lesser things to consider in this very big venture.

Last edited:
Quote:
So I'm not the only one with that rule.
I've watched that Fatel Attraction show on Animal Planet. It seems like everyone that got hurt or killed made the same mistake never go in alone and never go in when they are hungry.

Last edited:
like I said in the other thread, a happy big cat is a FULL big cat!
lol.png
...which is why Lenny and Hoover are a bit on the porky side...but don't tell them I said that! They are sensitive about their weight!

Last edited:
Just a little something to brighten your day....Bridgette, as a baby. She had a big meal, and fell asleep in the chair. Too cute!

Bridgy_2.jpg

Bridgy_3.jpg

Here in Texas, The Texensis subspecies gets to be around 25lbs, but bobcats look bigger than they should for their weight. Lenny is around 33lbs.

Back
Top Bottom