Let me see your fire pits!

hoosierhen

Songster
12 Years
Sep 26, 2007
Indiana
I am getting ready to dig a new fire pit a little further up on my property. (I'm getting to old to run to the facilities! LOL) If you have a cool fire pit, I'd sure like to see it, to give me some ideas. Thanks! Mary

My husband used an old tractor tire rim for our fire pit and the kids piled big rocks up around the outside of it. I will have to try and get pics of it later. I also noticed that TSC has all of their fire pit rings on clearance here right now. The biggest one they had was $69 the beginning of the summer and has been marked down to $15 now! If you have a TSC near you, you might want to check it out.
smile.png

Quote:
we used the same thing, and in most cases its bigger than the ones you buy. For that price you cant beat it unless you can get the rim for free like we did.

I've got 3 fire pits here. 2 are holes with cinder blocks surrounding them and are used to burn burnable trash. The other I just made from rocks to cook before we got the oven here. Makes for an awesome marshmellow fire.
big_smile.png

2788256720_0761c69c0d.jpg

Quote:
ours is only about 4 foot diameter, fit in my dads truck easy.
weve had a couple bonfires in it, i did burn garbage in it last year but it was a mess so we got a barrel for that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom