lethargic duck

kaylyng

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2021
When I came home from work, I noticed one of my ducklings was very lethargic. When the rest of the flock is up and moving and eating she’s laying down. She was fine this morning, but now she isn’t even eating. she drank some water and pooped a drop of what looked like egg yolks. She’s chirping but not opening her beak like normal, and it sounds muffled. she’s two weeks old at most, and is a khaki cambell. hopefully someone can help :(

Poor duckling. I only have 2 days of duck experience, but one of mine arrived lethargic yesterday. Taking advice from this forum I’ve been offering water and egg yolk every 20-30 minutes. I think it’s helping. I know my duck was stressed from the shipment, but I wonder happened to yours. Could it have eaten anything dangerous?

@kaylyng , how is your duckling doing today?
Do you have a video of how the ducklings acting, and include a few pictures of her stool?
Do you have access to a veterinarian in your area?
https://www.metzerfarms.com/Veterinarians.cfm

If a bird is not eating we have to compensate for the predicted loss of body heat output, by increasing the temperature in the pen. Once you have increased the tempature slightly, try offering the duckling some warm electroltye fluids. If the duckling is slightly willing to eat, try offering some mashed scrambled eggs warmed up.

Poor duckling. I only have 2 days of duck experience, but one of mine arrived lethargic yesterday. Taking advice from this forum I’ve been offering water and egg yolk every 20-30 minutes. I think it’s helping. I know my duck was stressed from the shipment, but I wonder happened to yours. Could it have eaten anything dangerous?
not that i knew of. Unfortunately she passed the next morning :(

Back
Top Bottom