Ducks butthole is sticking out

Bubblesandbambi

Chirping
Feb 24, 2023
Hi, I noticed my pet duck’s butt is sticking out. Anyone know why? She also seems down (a bit upset) she’s not as active or quacking like she normally is. She’s still eating and drinking and walking here and there. Her butt just got very dirty as she’s been outside with the mud free ranging. But you can see her butthole sticking out. Thank you. I posted a picture too (she got very dirty today sorry) She is a female Pekin & is 1 year and 7 months.

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpeg
    IMG_0475.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 36
Hi, I noticed my pet duck’s butt is sticking out. Anyone know why? She also seems down (a bit upset) she’s not as active or quacking like she normally is. She’s still eating and drinking and walking here and there. Her butt just got very dirty as she’s been outside with the mud free ranging. But you can see her butthole sticking out. Thank you. I posted a picture too (she got very dirty today sorry) She is a female Pekin & is 1 year and 7 months.
She probably was laying an egg and continued pushing until she prolapsed her vent.

Thank you for your reply! Do you know if there’s anything I can do to help her feel better?
With chickens I used Perpetration H and some plastic gloves and I know this is disgusting but try pushing it back in - 75% of the time it is successful. Trust me you are not going to hurt her. Also keeping her in a bath and keeping things wet can really help.

Back
Top Bottom