Let's plan a Quail egg hatch... set 'em Sept. 1, hatch 'em Sept 17-19+

Ok so technicaly I didn't set any eggs today set 255 last Sunday and will set another 255 this Sunday and hopefully ill get me a computer soon so:D I can post some pics or maybe figure out how to on my phone but either way im still right here with ya guys & gals. Can't wait to see how everyone else does. Oooooooooo this is so exciting

Day 1 This is what our Quail embryos look like...

egg_development_01.jpg

http://freshpics.blogspot.com/2007/05/stages-of-chick-embryo-development.html

and I like this information too... Go Gators!

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/aa204

Hatchability Problem Analysis1

H. R. Wilson
Introduction

When a problem occurs in hatchability, usually it can be categorized as a hatchery, egg handling, or breeder flock problem. If the problem has originated within the breeder flock, it is probable that it happened at least 4 weeks earlier, assuming 3 weeks of incubation and 1 week of egg storage. This delay in identifying a problem is costly and may even make it impossible to determine the cause if the effect is of short duration. It is necessary to identify the problem as early as possible, using candling at 1 week of incubation and constantly monitoring unhatched eggs, to minimize the delay in taking corrective measures. Analysis of hatch debris does not yield definitive diagnoses; however, it is a useful tool for determining the most likely areas for further examination.

It is of utmost importance for hatchery, egg handling, and breeder farm personnel to work together as a team to produce top quality chicks and to identify problems when they occur. Very accurate and complete records of the breeder flock (including egg production, mortality, morbidity, egg weight, shell quality, hatchability, feed consumption, and antibody titers) and the egg history from the nest through the hatchery are essential in providing clues to most hatchability problems. Personnel should be trained in recognizing problems, identifying causes, and implementing appropriate corrective measures.

The objective of the following outline is to suggest possible causes, and corrective measures when appropriate, for some of the signs of trouble observed when decreased hatchability occurs.​

I haven't set yet simply because I forgot to get the eggs out of the pen before dark and don't want to give them a heart attack by groping around in their cage with my stick hunting for eggs
roll.png

But I have 21 eggs inside and from what I can see there are 12 eggs in the pen....not the 'at least 40' I was hoping for, but not too bad. I'm sure I'll have more to set before the sale since the eggs aren't selling worth a diddly anyway.

I set 20 A&Ms at 12:00 Noon. I know it isn't as many as many of you are hatching, but I have had two failed hatches this summer. I think they were heat related, but don't know, so I only bought a small number of eggs to try this time around. I had sort of hung up on the whole hatching idea until it cools down a bit to see if my reasoning may be correct or not.

Anyway, I am having faith. This time will be different!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
AWWWWW LOOK AT ALL THE LIL PRECIOUS MONSTERS.. ER AH I MEAN BABY BOBS
smile.png

Naw.......them's babies. Here's a few of their MONSTER parents......
hmm.png

Quail9-1-11005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom