Lets see your DIY no spill feeders and creative waterers!

I have a few of mine in the existing DIY thread, but I not long ago went to a PVC feeder and nipple waterer.

About 25l, sight glass and two nipples. I have the parts to add in a down turn for a lower nipple too.

This bin feeder worked ok, but the birds did not seem overly keen on it, plus it let a bit of water in during heavy rain.

Main feeder poke under the coop, currently lasts my 11 birds over a week.

I really like the feeder I have seen some similar in design but I really like the separate holes for each chicken! I really like the design of the nipple waterer!

Thanks, the drum has a two piece lid, it was sourced from a catering company, used to supply bulk olives.

I could have used a normal 20l drum, but it was wider and stuck out further.

The holes on the feeder are offset to each side, the birds can approach from both sides, and it minimises spill that the trough types sometimes get.

I have another single hole type PVC feeder that I use for shell grit too.

I saw this style on google used for wall area's and wanted to use the same principal for my nipple waterer.

I made it so I could add a second drum to increase capacity, but due to having to walk around a second drum I left it with just one for now.

[/IMG]
5 gallon bucket with two 90degree elbows,cut the elbow so it is about 3/4 of an inch off the bottom of the bucket, they have to stick their heads in to eat and can't fling the food out. Works great and holds about a month's worth of food for mine.

[/URL]
5 gallon bucket with two 90degree elbows,cut the elbow so it is about 3/4 of an inch off the bottom of the bucket, they have to stick their heads in to eat and can't fling the food out. Works great and holds about a month's worth of food for mine.

Nice!

Back
Top Bottom