Letting your inner cheap out

Quote:
YOU DID NOT!!!!! ROFL, silly girl! You just crack me up! Do ya wear the chicken thong when ya shower?
lau.gif

I cover the dryer vent hose with a long leg of panty hose and vent inside in the winter. Returns the heat and moisture into the back of my house (the furthest from the wood stove) and the hose catches the lint. Got that tip out of Countryside mag.....for cheap ideas, ya really need to get that mag. Some folks direct their hot water lines outside in black pvc to preheat their water before it gets to the hot water tank! I would love to try this! I save all newspapers for firestarters, mulch, for easy cleanups on counter tops, for processing chickens outside, window cleaning, etc.

I save the twine from bales of hay and tie them together to use for something else (I last used the twine to string a trellis for my pea plants between two fence posts).
I also collect the corn cobs out of the feeder after the sheep and goats are done with them. They make excellent fire starters for the woodstove.

* I made Chook's waterers out of empty vinegar bottles, have bought almost all my clothes at thrift stores for years (undergarments and v-neck tees and a few other exceptions.) Best deal ever?? A perfect pair of prescription eyeglasses that let me see like a hawk!!! $2.oo at a flea market after trying every 'close' pair twice. I had them for a decade. OH!! And we've bought FOUR of our cars for $1.oo (plus tax and tags and reg.) ed:clarity

Last edited:
Quote:
YOU DID NOT!!!!! ROFL, silly girl! You just crack me up! Do ya wear the chicken thong when ya shower?
lau.gif

Chicken? I thought it was a guinea thong! I want one too!!!
big_smile.png

Oops, I have to add my cheap-o claim to fame. When we go out to eat, I don't order fries because I don't want to pay for my own when I can just sneak em from my kids!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom