LF Cornish - Crossing White/Dark to work towards White

I really like this project. Thanks for sharing.

I'm thinking about starting a project of producing a line of Cornish look a likes, I am saving a few colored Broiler pullets(one is red naked neck and the other one is barred brown red) and a slow growing white Cornishx, I will source a short legged Asil rooster to bring more of a game stance and the pea comb, the wide stance thick feet they already have it.

I kept the first pullet. Robinson and the other cockerel in the single shots were sent to freezer camp their proportions were off (and the jubilee was a MAJOR jerk). I'll have to get some shots of my current keepers. It is getting really hard to do anything major with the animals since I'm about 7 months pregnant now.

I know you want some of my eggs once I stop hatching for the year. Will you be wanting any of these eggs or just the straight Dark eggs?
:love Thanks for thinking of me
I wouldn't want any eggs until March at the earliest... we have snow in April regularly and i would want to get them outside at the earliest may...Later is fine
Thanks

seen this and thought of you, not sure if you may have seen it or not

The standard-bred Cornish fowl; a practical treatise on their standard requirements--mating and breeding--rearing--housing--training and conditioning for exhibition--judging and utility values--genetics and mendelism outlined, etc.
by Bohrer, Fred H

Publication date 1922
Topics Cornish chicken
Publisher Utica, N.Y.
Collection library_of_congress; biodiversity; fedlink
Digitizing sponsor The Library of Congress
Contributor The Library of Congress
Language English
https://archive.org/details/standardbredcorn00bohr/page/n7

seen this and thought of you, not sure if you may have seen it or not

The standard-bred Cornish fowl; a practical treatise on their standard requirements--mating and breeding--rearing--housing--training and conditioning for exhibition--judging and utility values--genetics and mendelism outlined, etc.
by Bohrer, Fred H

Publication date 1922
Topics Cornish chicken
Publisher Utica, N.Y.
Collection library_of_congress; biodiversity; fedlink
Digitizing sponsor The Library of Congress
Contributor The Library of Congress
Language English
https://archive.org/details/standardbredcorn00bohr/page/n7
Thanks! I have an SOP from the 20s but I don’t have this. Thanks!

I think I have my first cross baby! It doesn't have the wild type down that the Dark chicks usually have. Poor baby needed a hobble because one legs was splayed. Unfortunately this one seems like it may be alone until I hatch out some guineas later this week. I dropped one of the 3 eggs that were to hatch on Thursday and the other one doesn't look like it will hatch.
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG

Actually, I don't think the lonely chick (now dubbed Robin) is a Dark/White cross.

I hatched out two more chicks and they are visibly lighter than Robin. Robin is now showing some faint wild type markings and his/her wings are growing in like a Dark chick.
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG

The thing I find really neat on the new babies is their red face masks. They also have some small, irregular black spots on their necks/backs.
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom