LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I am not sure. My cats do not eat wet food. If it is cat food I am assuming it is fine, but cats can be picky and will possibly starve themselves until they have the same food.
Sorry, I should have mentioned the reason I'm concerned. 2 or 3 years ago we were feeding our male cat this brand but then there was a recall on it so we stopped.
I just didn't want to give all 7 of them bad food.

Looking at the ingredients in this food I feel it is not an optimal food. However, it is definitely not the worst.

What isn't safe is if your cats reject their new food entirely. Cats can start going into liver failure if they don't eat for 24 hours.

You probably know that cats can get diarrhea if switched to a new diet suddenly, so don't be alarmed if you find surprises in your litter box. Sometimes cats can't make it to the litter box and you might find accidents near the litter box, or other places.

I'm very careful about food quality with my cats, but if 9 lives was all that was available to me I would feed it to them. And I would observe their mealtime carefully to make sure they were eating.

I hope this helps. I used to work for a veterinarian.
I already knew about the 24 hour thing but thanks for mentioning anyway in case someone else didn't know.
One cat I was concerned about not eating, is my own cat Nyx. She's really picky and I just got her to like the Friskies brand we were getting. Plus before they got Friskies for them, she only liked Tiki Cat Ahi Tuna. Normally if she won't touch wet food, I just give her some plain tuna until we can get food for her.

So it looks like I might be able to start getting back into helping at my Humane Society. They recently started taking a few cats to one of the Petco stores so I should know when I'm able to go help.
In case anyone didn't know, I help take care of the offsite cats for my Humane Society at one of the Petco stores. At the beginning of last year, around the time I was about to stop due to Covid, someone dropped 2 kittens off at Petco so I got to take care of them until someone from the Humane Society could come pick them up.

Green isn’t my favorite color actually, but I love having green hair. It really messes with people’s heads lol. If you ever dye your hair green you’ll see what I mean! 👽
Yeah I think it’s the hair color in general. When I had pink or purple hair, some people looked at me strangely. The general public disapprove of unconventional colored hair.... :tongue

No eggs in the midwest. My hens all look a wreck. Loosing all their feathers, molting?
One of mine is molting too right now... hopefully the eggs pick up soon. It’s been a long winter and we now have a lot of egg recipes under our belts.
Does everyone have a favorite egg-user-upper recipe that’s their favorite? Mine are cheesecake, frozen custard, and corn pudding... happy to send along recipes...:drool

Back
Top Bottom