LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Oh man I’m really sorry :(. That sucks.
It really does.
If I hadn't been let go from Wilco back in January, it wouldn't be an issue for cost but I rely on unemployment benefit money that I get paid every Wednesday.
I'm also waiting on a few overdue payments for unemployment that they should have approved already

So they'll be posted in my flock thread for thr people that don't want to see, but would anyone here be interested in eggtopsies of my incubator and certain broody eggs that don't hatch? Just so I know who to tag when I make the post. I know a lot of people like the macabre, especially when it's from something that can't be helped like an egg just failing to develop all 21 days
I wanna see too

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0125686

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4425/13/12/2253

Okay so! Wasn’t actually cancer specifically, what it was is a poor immune system and poor muscular growth. The poor immune system is why I’ve seen so many people with birds with cancer and other illnesses.
Okay, that makes a lot more sense. And the immune system could always be part of just poor genetics and breeding too, couldn't it?

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. And the immune system could always be part of just poor genetics and breeding too, couldn't it?

Yes, which would explain why this study was done on silkies. I don't know about the other breed, so I guess there is some connection between muscular development and immunity and the fibro gene

It very well could. Any high fibro bird is going to be really inbred. I know Ayam Cemanis seem to deal with a lot of immune issues, having spoken to people who own them. But I’m not sure about sumatras. I think they’d be an interesting bird to compare against and see if it’s just a cemani and silkie thing or something else.

Also it looks like the second study isn’t silkies but another Chinese breed.

It very well could. Any high fibro bird is going to be really inbred. I know Ayam Cemanis seem to deal with a lot of immune issues, having spoken to people who own them. But I’m not sure about sumatras. I think they’d be an interesting bird to compare against and see if it’s just a cemani and silkie thing or something else.

Also it looks like the second study isn’t silkies but another Chinese breed.
3EE6A491-A075-47DB-884F-A7642BEB7753.png

Yeah not a silkie

Image description: Screenshot of a google image search for Tengchong Snow Chicken. The image displayed is a rooster with white feathers and a dark red, almost black face.

Back
Top Bottom