LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I know exactly what you mean and I'm guilty, I make the hot water bottle as hot as I safely can when the pain is at its worst. Any marks go away pretty fast though, once the heat is removed.
It burns a little but it distracts from the pain. I don't make them too hot because I heard its not safe to, the bottle is only so strong. You should *always* add some cold water to it so that it isn't boiling hot.
But if you make it to a pleasant warm temp, it shouldnt leave marks or anything like that- its nice and comfy.

I truly can't imagine life without hot water bottles... even just on a cold night, they're so lovely to cuddle!
I heard the marks are permanent, never heard of temp. ones

I’ve never tried a hot water bottle before, even though most time I only have light cramps on the first day, and take extra strength acetaminophen before it gets worse. I probably should be eating more before taking it tho 👀. I’ve heard that if the hot water bottle is too hot, that after prolonged use you can get stretch mark/red scar looking things on your stomach
Yeah, you can give yourself burns. I've done it a few times. Lots of things cause stretch marks though. I've got a bunch that just came from nowhere

Ugh, my hip and knees and toes hurt so bad. Especially my hip. Feels like I have a prosthetic leg and joint right now. Tomorrow is a slightly shorter day (9-6 in one location versus 7-1:30 in one job and 2-6 in the other) and then I have 6-6.5 hour days sunday-wednesday so I have a short break before next Thursday.

Friday and Saturday are fiber show though, so lots of sitting thankfully those two days. Then I'm pretty much busy nonstop until June starts. At least in June I'll have a day or two off each week

Back
Top Bottom