Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got our flu shots today and I pray it is not too late, as everyone at work has been sick. The doc also signed the papers for Ken to get a permanent handicapped placard for when he is out alone.

We both love our doctor so much, Ken is taking lunch to them next week for being so awesome and responsive.

Glad Ken has a good doctor now.
If I ever make it down that way, I want to come to your deli!

I'm thinking I should get a flu shot.

Last edited:
Got our flu shots today and I pray it is not too late, as everyone at work has been sick. The doc also signed the papers for Ken to get a permanent handicapped placard for when he is out alone.

We both love our doctor so much, Ken is taking lunch to them next week for being so awesome and responsive.

If available in your area get a hang tag rather than a plate for a car, here in Indiana (at least when my father was alive about 12 years ago) you had the option of one or the other, and most of the time he needed it we had a hang tag. it makes it nice so if one car is broke down or he needs to switch vehicles one day he isn't stuck not having it....btw at least here as long as one person is handicapped the vehicle is okay being in a handicapped space as long as it's marked with either a plate or hang tag so if you have 15 people in a van you can park there if one is handicapped, they don't even need to leave the vehicle.

If available in your area get a hang tag rather than a plate for a car, here in Indiana (at least when my father was alive about 12 years ago) you had the option of one or the other, and most of the time he needed it we had a hang tag. it makes it nice so if one car is broke down or he needs to switch vehicles one day he isn't stuck not having it....btw at least here as long as one person is handicapped the vehicle is okay being in a handicapped space as long as it's marked with either a plate or hang tag so if you have 15 people in a van you can park there if one is handicapped, they don't even need to leave the vehicle.
The placard is the hang tag. No sense in getting the plate when he made need to ride with others!

I need to get my flu shot, and so does my mom. In our area, it is REALLY bad this year. I am home-schooled, but my best friend is not. We often look at pic.s on our phones, and listen to music through ear buds, so our heads are really close, and I don't want the germs.

I need to get my flu shot, and so does my mom. In our area, it is REALLY bad this year. I am home-schooled, but my best friend is not. We often look at pic.s on our phones, and listen to music through ear buds, so our heads are really close, and I don't want the germs.
I can't blame you not one bit. It is expected to peak here next month, so I think I got mine in time. Ken suddenly decided it was time to quit smoking, and I am having a hard time with it, even with the patch and a Nicitrol inhaler. UGH!

I though you both quit smoking ages ago?

I'm having a hard time quitting. I'm going to try those electronic cigarettes and see how they work. The mouth spray makes me feel feel sick and it burns the carp out out my mouth and the gum is disgusting. Haven't tried the patches yet. Those pills you get that stops the cravings (supposedly), Zyban, worked, but not 100%.

When I would see people with difficulty breathing or children with upper respiratory infections whose parents or they themselves reeked of cigarette smoke in the ER and they would say "I'm sorry I know I should quit smoking", I would always say to them, "Don't apologize to me, I encourage smoking, I consider it job security, as long as you keep smoking, I'll keep seeing you and your children in here."
I'm glad you are quitting, Deb, for your own sake and more importantly for those young babies in your life. Most people think because they don't smoke around those babies that they aren't affected. THEY FOR SURE ARE AFFECTED. The smoke is in your hair and on your clothes, contained in your drapes and furniture in your house, and in the food you cook. I know you think that I am exagerating here, but I am not. They breathe it every time you pick them up, lay them on your couch or feed them your home baked cookies.
I know quitting is hard, but the results are so worth it.

When I would see people with difficulty breathing or children with upper respiratory infections whose parents or they themselves reeked of cigarette smoke in the ER and they would say "I'm sorry I know I should quit smoking", I would always say to them, "Don't apologize to me, I encourage smoking, I consider it job security, as long as you keep smoking, I'll keep seeing you and your children in here."
I'm glad you are quitting, Deb, for your own sake and more importantly for those young babies in your life. Most people think because they don't smoke around those babies that they aren't affected. THEY FOR SURE ARE AFFECTED. The smoke is in your hair and on your clothes, contained in your drapes and furniture in your house, and in the food you cook. I know you think that I am exagerating here, but I am not. They breathe it every time you pick them up, lay them on your couch or feed them your home baked cookies.
I know quitting is hard, but the results are so worth it.
Yes I agree. Unwillingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom