Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part I have been very impressed with the pulmonologists I have dealt with. They tend to spend WAY more time with their patients than any other type of physician with which I have experience. Even when mine "worked me in" earlier this week--despite already being double booked with appointments, I received more individual time with no real sense of "hurry, hurry" than in other doctors' offices.

Use prescribed meds as prescribed, not just to treat symptoms. Exercise regularly. Use a peak flow meter to keep aware of small symptoms of worsening (and better) breathing. Keep the house as dust-free as possible, and spend the extra $$ to get the best filters for your furnace/air conditioner.

Many, many ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

For the most part I have been very impressed with the pulmonologists I have dealt with. They tend to spend WAY more time with their patients than any other type of physician with which I have experience. Even when mine "worked me in" earlier this week--despite already being double booked with appointments, I received more individual time with no real sense of "hurry, hurry" than in other doctors' offices.

Use prescribed meds as prescribed, not just to treat symptoms. Exercise regularly. Use a peak flow meter to keep aware of small symptoms of worsening (and better) breathing. Keep the house as dust-free as possible, and spend the extra $$ to get the best filters for your furnace/air conditioner.

Many, many ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Thanks!!! I appreciate the love people have shown here more than you all know. Ms. Silkies, do you know if there are inexpensive options for those filters? Ken is unemployed right now, and probably will be from here on out, but he is a student receiving student aid. But our income is substantially reduced. Not to the point we can't make it, but close. Extras are out.

He has the bed on vibrate right now, that thing rocks the whole house. LOL!

That is mighty big hug there!!!!
hugs.gif

Can he get on disability? Can they push it through quickly because of the stage? Be a squeaky wheel...

Yes it sounds like a great idea if Ken can go on disability permantely. There is no way they would have denied him and no other income coming in.

I do not know what kind of filters but the 3M are good so far, even they say we do not have to change every two to three months. Uh, no....I'd rather change it every month and my furnance dont have to work twice as hard. Cleaning out ducts would help too! Not sure if there are any filters for vents that you can place it before putting the grate down. I bet those things would be dirty as well.

Don't give up!

We have a source from Hospice that helped my best friend when her hubby was dying that is helping us out with the disability and MediCal applications. Social Security disability is apparently turned down 2-3 times before finally being approved, which really chaps my hide. Especially with someone with a diagnosis like this.

Will be praying for all of you. Hope things will improve. Prayer is a powerful thing.

Well, we took care of the funeral arrangements today. We are on a payment plan with an insurance benefit built in, so if Ken lasts at least 1 year and 1 day, the policy pays for the rest of the payments. The place is really beautiful and serene, just not an easy thing to have to do. Heres to hoping we don't have to use it for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom