Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still praying for you and Ken everday; and bawling like a baby reading your blog. Sweet lady may God hold you tightly in his hand; Ken too! My hubby is trying to quit smoking and I am always fearful for his health(been smoking for over 55 years). God Bless you both.
hugs.gif

Still praying for you and Ken everday; and bawling like a baby reading your blog. Sweet lady may God hold you tightly in his hand; Ken too! My hubby is trying to quit smoking and I am always fearful for his health(been smoking for over 55 years). God Bless you both.
hugs.gif

You may go ahead and share with him that 6 months ago Ken could build a coop, rake 3 acres, feed the animals, mow the yard and then ask what's for dinner, and now he has a hard time getting to the truck. We both still want a cigarette, but looking at the options, is it really worth it?

Debi... I also want to thank you for sharing all, I refilled my Chantix yesterday. Your thread was my push to do so. Prayers for a miracle for your family.
hugs.gif

Two suggestions. One, check out www.flylady.net. She can help you get your life and your house under control a little bit (fifteen minutes) at a time. Second, go talk to hospice. For yourself, not Ken. A good hospice can give you the tools, or tell you how to find them, to get through what you need to get through.

Two suggestions. One, check out www.flylady.net. She can help you get your life and your house under control a little bit (fifteen minutes) at a time. Second, go talk to hospice. For yourself, not Ken. A good hospice can give you the tools, or tell you how to find them, to get through what you need to get through.

I got lucky yesterday and he pretty much wanted to be by himself, so I got 4 hours to clean and 3 hours to myself. And today he is feeling much better now that the major symptoms of the chicken pox are gone.

I tried flylady once and it overwhelmed me. But that was years ago. I will give another look, thanks!!!

You may go ahead and share with him that 6 months ago Ken could build a coop, rake 3 acres, feed the animals, mow the yard and then ask what's for dinner, and now he has a hard time getting to the truck. We both still want a cigarette, but looking at the options, is it really worth it?

I will, thank you. I did read him your blog and intend to continue to do so as you update it. His brother just quit before Christmas so he is feeling motivated cause none of us ever thought his brother would quit, I sure hope he can. I have you on my prayer list and think of you often throughout the day.
hugs.gif

I really do not want this thread to fall away. Please, anyone that is going through anything tough, feel free to post here. I am sensing something good is about to happen: emphysema, chicken pox, the flu, what is next? It HAS to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom