Limited to two auctions????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamamachik

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
South GA
Why am I limited to two auction??? I listed two and it won't let me do anymore????
hu.gif

The new system is a bit different from the old one, the key difference being that listings don't expire. This being the case there were some concerns brought up about how the new system could be "gamed" so we're starting off with very conservative limits so we can see how the system is used before we find ourselves in trouble.

Can y'all provide more details: Are you trying to sell 2+ and 5+ different TYPES of items or 2+ and 5= LOTS of items?

Examples:

I have 12 eggs every 3 days: In the old system you had to create a new listing every 3 days. In the new system you just leave your existing listing open and keep selling the items as long as you have them, or close the listing when you're out of stock. You could even re-open the same listing

Every week I have 4 breeds of eggs that I want to list separately: In the old system this would be 4 listings that would expire and you'd have to re-list over and over. In the new system: Just 4 open listings... that's it.

So, with a better understanding of the new system, please help us understand how and what you want to sell and we'll see what makes sense for the best of our community!

To clarify, technically everyone now has the ability to sell "unlimited" items. What we are limiting is the number of open "classifieds" and how often members can "bump" their listings.

Example: You could list that you have 50,000 chicken purses for sale for $5 each. On the old system: that would be 50,000 listings! On the new system, just one single listing.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

Does that make sense?

i have several diferant breeds of chickens ex ex and need to list DIFERANT BREEDS i can understand not whanting the sme litsing multipule times but im my case i have over 45 breeds of chickens and need more than 5 open listing at one time for example i was going to open a listing for CORONATION SUSEXS EGGS or NEW HAMP EGGS or BLACK SUMATRA EGGS or MOUTTELD HOUDAN EGGS or BANTAM BUTTER CUP EGGS or OEGB EGGS or HAMBURGE EGGS ex ex this is the main reson i became a PPM so i could list more auctions

Last edited:
I created two listings for hatching eggs went to do another and it said not over 2 open classfied? I wanted to list 2 or 3 more , so it is limiting me that I can only have two auctions at a time...I am a GFM...I could always list however many auctions I wanted to at one time...

I, too, have over a dozen breeds and don't want to force folks to look through a cluttered listing...so I started to build out the LIST portion of my profile.

My biggest problem with lack of an auction system is that it's very difficult to set prices- and proxy auctions allow the market to dictate the price. I have some very lengthy projects that have considerable investment wrapped up in them. I expect potential buyers will recognize this and bid accordingly, but I don't want to make assumptions and set prices outright at a rate beyond expectation.

This will likely push me to list at the dreaded ebay again, but I'll still have lists to describe my offerings on my profile page.

Those of you that listed many breeds, did you have multiple listings and were re-listing them every week?

A reminder: It wasn't our choice to leave off full auction support. It wasn't an option and unfortunately won't be for a while. We're just as unhappy as everybody, but we were forced to make some concessions to improve the other areas of the site. We do want to add full auction support back.

We will have to deal with it. We are all good peep here and will wait for the auctions again someday soon but right now I am learning to deal with it. Good job on the site. It is getting easier every day. Thank you for all the time spent on it. We appreciate you and all you have done!
thumbsup.gif

Those of you that listed many breeds, did you have multiple listings and were re-listing them every week?

A reminder: It wasn't our choice to leave off full auction support. It wasn't an option and unfortunately won't be for a while. We're just as unhappy as everybody, but we were forced to make some concessions to improve the other areas of the site. We do want to add full auction support back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom