Limping Loo :(

LilyLoo

Songster
5 Years
Sep 15, 2018
Arizona
Loo hurt her 3rd toe the long middle one yesterday. She cant walk on it. This morning it is swollen some, not too alarming yet? I seems like the knuckle has the injury. I think she existed her pool fly playing and may of tangled in 20210427_084404.jpg water hose. No skin break. The vets 20210427_084354.jpg are booked. If it broken what should I do? Can I splint her foot?

When my duck had a broken bone my vet recommended cage rest. I had to keep her in a small crate for 6 weeks (I changed the bedding twice daily) and she healed up perfectly.

My other duck with arthritis has to be confined to a small room when she gets flare ups, vets instructions.

The rest really helps.

You could make her a shoe by using cardboard or cutting a plastic butter bowl etc cutting in the shape of her foot wrapping either in tape lay her foot down on it and use vet wrap to closed her foot in it. You'll want to keep her out of water till you take the shoe off. Soaking in warm Epsom salt water is also good. Rest is also needed for healing.

Back
Top Bottom