Listless keet

Lunawriter

Songster
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
I have a two day old keet who is suddenly very listless and wobbly. When she poops it dangles from her bottom and is clear and viscous like...snot (sorry). She's the only one of 18 with this problem. Any idea what could be going on? Is there anything I can do?

Are they on medicated feed? If not add some Amprollium or Sulmet to their water. See if that doesn't help. Oh, it sounds like it might be cocci.

Were the shipped? What are they eating? How are they housed? Medicated feed is a good idea. I don't have medicated game bird in my area so I mix a 50:50 mixture medicated purina chick starter and purina game bird startna for the first week. Also it seems to help to put 1 tsp of brown sugar and 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to 1 quart of water for the first few days.

Thanks all. Well, the feed is unmedicated, they don't sell medicated with the right protein level at my feed store. I should have done the 50/50 thing with my chick starter. I'll do that now. I'll add the other things to the water, too. I already added some pedialyte to the water. Was that an okay idea? They are housed in a paper towel lined feed trough with a heat lamp above. I have a thermometer in there reading 97 degrees and they seem comfortable. Is there anything else I can do to avoid the others contracting it?

Robin, where would I buy the medications you mentioned? I called the feed store and they don't carry them.

Don't put them on medicated feed and the Sulmet or Amprollium. Both are available at the feed store.

Something I did not to think to ask was where they are housed. (I shouldn't do that before I finish my first cup of coffee) If indoors, no access to the ground then chances are it is not cocci but something else with the keet.

Back
Top Bottom