Little about me and my small backyard chicken flock!

chickenkeeperUS

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 31, 2014
Washington
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had chickens for about 5 years now? We just got our first rooster though a couple months ago, so I am super excited about that. I always wanted a rooster with chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have a rooster and about 8 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have quite a few different breeds.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Just searched online about chicken groups and such and this came up.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Besides chicken keeping my other huge hobby is keeping pet fish :)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Hi there. I have a pretty decent big sized backyard hence why we got chickens. We split the backyard into two sections. One side is just for the chickens/us and the other side is for our dogs to roam around. I have two dogs and a cat. I also have hermit crabs and 3 freshwater fish tanks and one salt water tank. I love keeping chickens because they are so relaxing to watch and I love getting different colors and breeds. We don't eat or kill our chickens. We have them for their eggs and they are our pets. The hens we have right now are pretty old so we are going to have to order new ones pretty soon. Just having chickens walking around in my backyard is so nice to see.

:welcome

It's nice to have you here, thanks for joining us! Chicken tv is so relaxing and fun too:D

G'Day from down under chickenkeeperUS :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom