Little baby RIR help!

kristobro98

Hatching
Mar 4, 2017
Hey guys im having some issue with a baby RIR i adopted due to her/him havibg a hurt foot. I have the foot wrapped in some tape like ive seen others recommend but theres another issue im experiencing. I have a Buff in the pen with the RIR to keep her company and they have different butts for the lack of a better term. This concerns me and its also said thats its a rooster since it doesnt have a dark stripe down its body. Can someone please help?

The red mark is the only place ive seen anything come out. Its around the center of the photo. Is this normal for a rooster of this breed?

Last edited:
Welcome- sooo...I'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean and the photo isn't clear enough to make out detail. Is the RIR pooping ok? is the poop sticking around the cloaca causing problems? A few more details please
smile.png

Welcome- sooo...I'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean and the photo isn't clear enough to make out detail. Is the RIR pooping ok? is the poop sticking around the cloaca causing problems? A few more details please
smile.png
X2 If you can clarify your question(s)...what do you mean they have different bums? Also don't understand the question of gender because of a stripe down his body?

Photos of the chick in an upright natural position would be helpful - are you looking at the vent or at the "belly button"

Back
Top Bottom