Little chicken cannot open eyes and is off balance

Watery eyes or bubbles in an eye, along with sneezing sometimes are signs of a respiratory infection. Has he been sneezing anymore? Glad he is opening his eyes some. Maybe he was chilled and can see his food and water better. Did you locate the Corid?

I do not know of anywhere that sells Corid around me. I will keep checking though.

He has been sneezing still. No more or less than usual. I do suspect it is due to the dust. The snow and ice should be gone soon and then I can take them out so we can clean it

Where are you located? Most farm and feed stores sell Corid in the US, and amprollium in other countries. Look in the cattle medicines, or online from Tractor Supply.

You probably need more windows in your coop up high. Make sure there are clean pine shavings bedding and prevention of ammonia odors which can irritate the air sacs.

I'm in Canada. His eyes are no longer watery and he's moving much better. Sneeking is also down quite a bit after we cleaned a bit. Is this some random illness he got over quickly, or is it something that will come back full-force?

He's gasping a little. I suspect it's from the quick switch to warm air. It happened with another bird we brought in who is healthy

If he is sick or weak, he will need to be warm. Too much warmth can make him pant. Hope he is okay. Try to get him drinking, use some chick vitamins or vitamin B complex in water or on feed, and offer some wet chick feed with a small amount of cooked egg.

Back
Top Bottom