1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Little Giant 9200 Still Air Incubator - humidity

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by country flock, Mar 25, 2014.

1. JW12

JW12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2014
    Greenback, TN
    Well I have lost my mind! I just bought 2 dozen eggs off eBay. 12 silver laced Wyandottes and 12 heritage Rhode Island reds. All my duck eggs seem to be going strong. I made my candler out of a green bean can! I cut the whole top out with the can opener then drilled a 1 1/2" hole on the bottom. The flash light goes in the can and the egg rests perfectly on the small hole. It works great!

2. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I'd like to hatch some ducks. I think it'd be fun although I couldn't keep any. They're just so cute!

3. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I'm confused as well. The only thing I'm sure of is the air cell. Everything else I'm totally lost on.

4. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    We're down to 2 eggs which I think 1 of those is dead but I'm afraid to crack it in case I'm wrong! The air cell on it is bigger but the chick is too small for day 12. I have those to in opposite corners of the incubator just in case one explodes. I'll candle on Saturday to see if there's any change. My incubator is up for sale. After I sell it I only need to come up with $100 more to get a good incubator.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  5. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    The one I did crack smelled bad but I couldn't smell anything before I cracked it. It wasn't too bad of a smell though. How long did you wait when you candled until they started moving in there? The 1 looks ok for the day we're on but I haven't seen it move.

6. Rainier

Rainier Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2014
    Thurston County, WA
    oh my you have hatch fever!

I have eggs sitting on the counter and replace them with new eggs every day so if/when these eggs quit I can pop new ones in! two neighbors told me they will take any I don't want. I can hatch for a while before it becomes an issue because I don't have enough room!

7. Rainier

Mar 30, 2014
    Thurston County, WA
    Some of them didn't move for a bit. The two that I posted the video of were moving around from the beginning.

8. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Ok. I'm getting upset with my incubator. I found one that has a good review so I'm going to save some money to buy it. My incubator isn't worth all this trouble.

9. Rainier

Mar 30, 2014
    Thurston County, WA
    sorry that you are having so many problems with it.

I set eight eggs and we have movement in five of the eggs, one of which might be twins! The one that was set a day behind and I was iffy on had movement today!

10. TeenDuckLady

TeenDuckLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2014
    East Texas
    So... has anyone ever had a duckling hatch early with its yolk sac still attached?
    If so, what are the chances of one surviving? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by